Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Do you like the TOV changes (rooted dragons?
Yes 161 70.00%
No 69 30.00%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Remove pet tracking.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Balance Changes I'd suggest

1) Change the leash mechanics slightly with guards. It should be easier to pull out a guard before an engage instead of relying on elder bead spam.

2)More Quakes would allow multiple guilds to crawl. It sucks spending two hours to crawl to a dragon only to watch the other guild follow you to that dragon and kill it in front of your eyes.

3) Resist changes (next patch in timeline) to make spell casters better DPS to help burn down guards.

4) Changes to vyemm/eashen. Eashen is hard when multiple guards are contesting with the guards and mini drakes. Vyemm might need to be slightly changed.

5) Perhaps allow some dragons to be pulled out a bit for better positioning (not far)

What do you guys think?
1) Agreed. Content shouldn't be gated behind "do you have a 300k item that no longer drops?"

2) Agreed. Quakes are way more fun than repops.

3) This will help, but currently wizards can help burn down adds with their lures and your other classes with nukes still have other ways to help with an add - druids and shamans have their heals, necros and mages their pet dps, I guess enchanters get boned because mezzes aren't much of a thing in ToV? I dunno. Someone who plays one of these classes will have to speak up about how they feel on adds, cause both of the characters I play are very well suited for adds so I can't speak on this as well as someone else might.

4) Vyemm is brutal, that's for sure. It seems off. Doesn't he hit harder than he did on live? Maybe that should be changed if so. It seems like the encounter is designed for NOT CH chain but then his melee is so hard you need a CH chain. This means your only option is to put the clerics somewhere out of LoS which I don't think the developers intended clerics to be getting CotHed to a protruding rock halfway up a wall.

As for Eashen, one of the hardest things about it seems to be location. If you aren't the guild who gets the Aary steps pull spot, you're stuck trying to pull to a very dangerous spot unless you take the time to split and clear wyverns first, which probably would take too long.

5) I actually disagree here. I think with other changes we can still have the thrill of fighting the dragons in their lair.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove pet tracking.
Yeah I agree with this. CT amnounces to the entire zone when he spawns. I don't see why other bosses couldn't do that too. Pet tracking is stupid.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they are losing the meat of tov
You can keep your Koi Sea Dragon Meat, casuals will feast on Fay 😎
Old 05-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Thank God for weekDAY raiding again.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

If you were new to this server you would think it's psychotic. So you CAN coth but CAN'T pull dragons in Temple of Veeshan, but you CAN'T coth and CAN pull dragons to the zoneline in Veeshan's Peak? okay.flv
Old 05-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were new to this server you would think it's psychotic. So you CAN coth but CAN'T pull dragons in Temple of Veeshan, but you CAN'T coth and CAN pull dragons to the zoneline in Veeshan's Peak? okay.flv
If we had to crawl in VP, torpor would be 10k.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Don't (some) dragons ROAM in VP? Forcing people to crawl would be cruel as hell. I'm surprised Verant didn't do the same thing in ToV
Old 05-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't (some) dragons ROAM in VP? Forcing people to crawl would be cruel as hell. I'm surprised Verant didn't do the same thing in ToV
Except thats how you did VP on Live...you kill SW Hosh then crawl up...
Old 05-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Banned

These changes in TOV are exactly what I was waiting for to get involved in the raid scene. I'm having a lot of fun.

I'm not sure any changes will be necessary. The game just changed. Allow time for guilds to adjust. I suspect after a while that core/ps will get big enough and possibly given enough time, another group will band together and challenge on targets.
Closed Thread