Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, most things are actually under old-live market value. SSoY going for like 500pp? They were atleast 1k on Tunare up until Luclin. Same with the onslaught of other unsellable 2-handed weapons.

It's just the "Best buyable in slot" items that are so high. Which are the only items that intrigue those with 500k+ plat to burn. If level 60's thought gnoll-hide lariats were uber, I bet we'd see them go for 500pp too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some items will be cheaper, others will be the same price, and the rest will be higher
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

stuff is ridiculously overpriced.. but its also ridiculously easy to make money starting off also.

and lots of folks also toss out items for free too.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insulting or not, his points are all spot on and make you look ignorant. Just get off the server already, sounds like WoW is more your speed. Or since you're an adult with kids, you could, you know, spend that extra time with your family. Just a thought
His points are all spot on why? Why does it sound like WoW is more my speed? How do you know how much time I spend with my family?

Why did you even waste time typing up that awful response. Why am I wasting time post a response to you....
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

tl;dr
shut it down!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheese with your whine?
I posted the following

"Yeah the economy seems pretty screwed up, I'm having some doubts whether its going to be worthwhile staying around now solely because of this."

I'm a level 19 ranger, first character, no charity, I have silver swiftblade, mithril breast plate, jagged bands, seb scale armors in other slots.

I'm doing pretty well from camping Pyzjn and have no reason to whine on a personal level. My comment was an observation of the economy and my reasons for feeling like I may leave were based on the state of the economy.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

What armor set are you trying to buy that costs millions lol
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted the following

"Yeah the economy seems pretty screwed up, I'm having some doubts whether its going to be worthwhile staying around now solely because of this."

I'm a level 19 ranger, first character, no charity, I have silver swiftblade, mithril breast plate, jagged bands, seb scale armors in other slots.

I'm doing pretty well from camping Pyzjn and have no reason to whine on a personal level. My comment was an observation of the economy and my reasons for feeling like I may leave were based on the state of the economy.
I'm a bit confused as to why you might want to leave the server because of the economy if you are doing well for yourself as a fresh character and have no complaints about the economy as it relates to you, personally.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What armor set are you trying to buy that costs millions lol
That's not really the issue. I think the issues are players having 700k to spend on 1 item. Newbies trying to sell items they've obtained to players that have 700k to spend on 1 item. A lack of newbies for other newbies to sell to. The twink market.

I think it all combines to create a very newbie unfriendly economy and highlights the emu in project1999.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Kobold

All I have to say is, I hope they merge all that sweet loot over from p99 red. Characters with full Russet? Cheap manastones? Sign me right the f*** up.

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not really the issue. I think the issues are players having 700k to spend on 1 item. Newbies trying to sell items they've obtained to players that have 700k to spend on 1 item. A lack of newbies for other newbies to sell to. The twink market.

I think it all combines to create a very newbie unfriendly economy and highlights the emu in project1999.
thats a problem that all mmo's have not just this emu

eventually people get best gear etc and have a stockpile of money left over

there are things other mmo's have done to try and take money out of the economy

basically making money sinks

like item decay.. (need to repair equipment)

zone tolls / fees

maybe lose money on death

quests that take tons of in game currency to finish (typically for epic weapon type items)

only type of eq-ish server i can think of that wouldn't have any sort of huge economy problems between new players and old players would be to remove the usefulness of plat all together..

maybe make all weapons and armor not tradeable
Closed Thread