Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

I'm spot on with the necro botb strat with keeping the pet alive/ killing theirs. Just adds to the humor for me.

Take up your EQ Mac questions with Hobart and the implementation here with Sundawg.

As far as item loot maybe you can score a Brad interview. All of these things are fact and classic.

I haven't had someone this clueless on my nuts since college and at least she'd do my laundry for me.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not asking because they broke and then fixed this with the 2002 spell system.

I'm asking because it was never this way classic through Velious. Period.
No. No, I'm sad to say you are mistaken. On Kunark launch week back when Iksar were bugged to appear as naked Human males, I made an Iksar necro like many other unwashed scum and checked out the nearby noob zones and Cabilis.

I DISTINCTLY recall having to heal numerous times with friends in Lake of Ill omen at level 20+ on my tanking Ranger friend (lol) pulling crap to the shore. I constantly used Cancel Magic to remove the debuff during that time.

Go fishing for your proof that that through Kunark it could never be dispelled, and post it. Because you won't be able to. I healed with those spells for months until I grew bored and went back to my bard.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Banned

That why a botb necro champ says otherwise?

:/

And the entire botb tourney of necros healing and not easily removing it with a cancel? Heh.

Why didn't you win that botb? You seem to have had the real strat.

I think we also proved this spell didn't even have a visible recourse effect to remove during at least classic-Kunark...

Where's all the comments on "you can just dispel the negative effect no problem"?
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-23-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Ya'll derpin.

Before recourses were added even if it was able to be dispeled (I don't think it was), it would have been REMOVED from both targets.

Dispel Necro -> Target loses heal
Dispel Target -> Necro loses DoT Damage
Old 04-24-2014, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

The reason there aren't many posts regarding the dispelling of the recourse is that many players back then didn't understand mechanics, didn't think necros as healers, and used HoT dots so didn't think there was a need to dispel the effect. The reason nerfs and buffs happen is that people think out the box so things get fixed. With the lack of hard info for a bunch of classic effects/spawns/loots its no surprise that we can't find a flat out statement that the effect can be removed with dispel but that doesn't mean it wasn't so.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 04-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll derpin.

Before recourses were added even if it was able to be dispeled (I don't think it was), it would have been REMOVED from both targets.

Buyin it
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Someone check an old spdat.eff, is there a 'Dispellable?' field? Res effects would definitely have it.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

This back and forth basically comes down to Documented patch note vs. BotB necro pvp experience.

Problem with discussing this regarding pvp is: Even if you could use this heal in pvp you probably wouldn't because the technique requires good usage of buff order. Anyone that's ever played eq pvp knows the importance of buff order, junk buffs, etc. so you can dispel dots w/o hitting your good buffs as well as protecting your good buffs deep down.

If I saw someone using this I'd toss a splurt or whatever knowing it'd end up under all their buffs requiring them to dispel everything to get it off.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Banned

Would be way more talking about how this was dispellable if it was true.

Flip the dispellable flag as an easy fix and lock thread plox. Tryna wrap these up and move on to Velious.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll derpin.

Necromancer spells never worked this way ever.