Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

D7000 is great for low noise high iso shooting. Its a bit high at $1300 for the body alone, but well worth it. Its a big upgrade from a D60 or D80. The D3100 or D5100 (or even the D3000 or D5000) would be better at low light shooting than the D80 or D60. I have a D50 which is similar to the D80 when it comes to noise, just a lower megapixel. The only usable iso is 200-400. The noise gets really bad anything above that. You can clean up alot of noise, but it sucks having to edit every shot about 400 iso. It also lowers the contrast when you do this, so it may not be as sharp.
Last edited by moklianne; 06-17-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
D80* D90 has miminal advantage over the D80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sensor is much better in the D90. Lower noise at higher ISO's, etc. CMOS sensor vs CCD.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

I have the Nikon D80 you are speaking if and being an amatuer photographer myself, I would highly suggest it. The D90 is nice but put the extra money towards a nice camera bag or more lenses.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

I am not saying the D90 is not worth it, but my needs *SEEM* well met with the D80 specs.

We'll see what I think when I buy it i guess though.

And im glad there is a person who has the camera I have my eye on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not saying the D90 is not worth it, but my needs *SEEM* well met with the D80 specs.

We'll see what I think when I buy it i guess though.

And im glad there is a person who has the camera I have my eye on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't think the D80 can perform well at 800 iso or above, which is something you want. Head over to nikoncafe.com and search (or post a new thread asking) for D80 high iso shots see if its acceptable enough. Most people are pretty helpful there. I frequent it often.

Stay away from the lens lust forum though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It will only lead to obsessions wit specific lenses down the road.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Large Rat

not sure the differences between that model but i would focus more on a quality body now you can always upgrade lenses in the future.

also i have a friend who has a sd + wifi card that goes into his camera and as the pictures are taken they instantly travel to the iphone to be mailed or w/e.

would also check out bhphotovideo if you havent yet and compare prices
Closed Thread