Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Default New X-men

sucks

The mutant abilities are fucking stupid. Some black dudes mutation is being able to "adapt" to anything and he gets blown up in his first confrontation. no clarification as to what his power actually was. Lenny Kravitz daughter was a bitch with wings who spits fireballs. Some dude shoots discs from his stomach and never does anything with it.

Big plot holes too and nothing memorable like in the first 2 x-men. Movie sucked and watched it drunk easy to impress.

Thumbs down nigs
Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

All those mutants exist (although renamed in one or two cases) in the comics. Don't fault the movie for the powersets of the characters - those were created by Marvel, fault the movie for picking the most obscure fucking characters to include in the movie. The real members of the First Class were Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, and Angel (the blonde dude with the bird wings, not the stripper with the bug wings).

I gave the movie a 5/10, myself. They focused more on Xavier's non-canonical friendship with Mystique (who was played by a total hottie, though) rather than his friendship with Magneto, which is what the movie was supposed to be about. Also, Kevin Bacon is an unconvincing bad guy, I kept expecting a Kenny Loggins song to start and a dance montage to follow.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They focused more on Xavier's non-canonical friendship with Mystique (who was played by a total hottie, though) rather than his friendship with Magneto, which is what the movie was supposed to be about. Also, Kevin Bacon is an unconvincing bad guy, I kept expecting a Kenny Loggins song to start and a dance montage to follow.
Agree with the Kevin Bacon assessment fully

I will also say that the actors playing Magneto and Xavier didn't have the same chemistry Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen had. Maybe partially because they're way better actors and the scripts were better imo.

Definitely disappointing they didn't expand on the development of their relationship.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

January Jones must have blown half of the directors in hollywood to keep getting jobs
Old 06-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sucks

The mutant abilities are fucking stupid. Some black dudes mutation is being able to "adapt" to anything and he gets blown up in his first confrontation. no clarification as to what his power actually was. Lenny Kravitz daughter was a bitch with wings who spits fireballs. Some dude shoots discs from his stomach and never does anything with it.

Big plot holes too and nothing memorable like in the first 2 x-men. Movie sucked and watched it drunk easy to impress.

Thumbs down nigs
"The black dude" was Darwin. Basically his skin and flesh adapted to the environment. Hence why they clearly show im growing gills in water and scales to block blunt force attacks. He died because he was blown up from the inside.

The "dude who shoots discs" is Havoc (Cyclopse's dad actually) and he doesn't shoot discs. The disc on his chest was a device created by Beast in an attempt to focus his energy blasts which he had trouble doing on his own.

I recall him doing quite a bit at the end of the movie including saving Banshee from Tempest with his energy blast.

Angel Salvadore is also an old character in the x-men universe (yes 2 Angels). That was actually her real name. Her codename was Tempest. I must admit I am unsure as to why they didn't clarify this.

Seems like you are not too familiar with the universe.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Been a while since I was an avid collector, for instance I didn't know they made Havoc into the Summers father.

That being said, I've always felt that Banshee and Havoc were two of the dumbest X-Men ever.

And no, sorry, Angel Salvadore is not an 'old' character. First appearance 2001? Please. Beast has dingleberries older than that.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched the cartoon daily before elementary school. Don't recall ever seeing them or hearing them mentioned.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been a while since I was an avid collector, for instance I didn't know they made Havoc into the Summers father.

That being said, I've always felt that Banshee and Havoc were two of the dumbest X-Men ever.

And no, sorry, Angel Salvadore is not an 'old' character. First appearance 2001? Please. Beast has dingleberries older than that.
Thank you for defending my honor good lad
Old 06-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The "dude who shoots discs" is Havoc (Cyclopse's dad actually) and he doesn't shoot discs. The disc on his chest was a device created by Beast in an attempt to focus his energy blasts which he had trouble doing on his own.

Havoc is Cyclops' brother. Their dad is Corsair
Old 06-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Havoc is Cyclops' brother. Their dad is Corsair
This.
Closed Thread