Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Kobold

Thanks Braknar and Sirken for sticking your necks out. It's sad that this has to happen for changes to actually occur. It's a shame to lose someone that obviously cares a lot about the server. I hope that the communication/engagement issues behind the scenes are worked on as well as the in-game mechanical ones.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro tip: no one cares that this server doesn't fulfill your every desire of what classic eq should be. You're not the first to rage quit because this implementation of classic EQ doesn't conform to the way you envision it should be (see Chest and BDA), and I'm sure you won't be the last. There are plenty of us who think it is just fine the way it is, and is actually better when the GMs take a more hands off approach (see no-CSR VP, which many of us loved).

Some of us were here when IB dominated the server and no one could compete... Until DA did. Some of us were here when TMO dominated the server and no one could compete... Until FE did. Plenty of us will still be here while AM dominates the server and no one can compete... Until someone does. Clearly that won't be PS. Maybe go try instanced EQ with Chest. P99 will carry on without you.
Yeah, but lets at least get rid of rid of the self-righteous "the server is better" shit. The server is better because you're winning more. That's all you and your army cares about. Be honest, be frank. Detoxx can't let a fucking Tunare go, so now we're FTE racing for a mob that begs for a rotation.

It's been fun bros, but its too important to get the 143rd True Mithril BP than be reasonable.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some of us were here when IB dominated the server and no one could compete... Until DA did.
Good times! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I appreciate that he admits the staff could care less about r99 and don’t even police it
Old 04-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:39 2019] Baylan tells you, 'and here's the thing about those concessions'
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:41 2019] Baylan tells you, 'why should we care'
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:44 2019] Baylan tells you, 'we don't come here every week'
[Fri Apr 05 22:47:02 2019] You told Baylan, 'welp now u got 2 tried without us contesting. that the point'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:02 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that doesn't mean anything. in a multi-guild world a concession is merely punitive, it doesn't remedy the wrong'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:32 2019] Baylan tells you, 'but w/e man, I don't know you. if you want to know who I am, ask monrezz, or any of the guys in dmx's channel, I have hung out there for a few months now, I'm a pretty reasonable dude that's on tilt tonight'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:40 2019] You told Baylan, 'its all we got atm, weve tried to think of another way to handle it but there isnt one'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:16 2019] Baylan tells you, 'yeah, but this place is undeniably worse than it was a year ago'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:20 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's our fault'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:46 2019] You told Baylan, 'dunno bout that, its getting there but its been nice for the past few months without GMs'
[Fri Apr 05 22:50:13 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's your perception. I'd disagree'

Uh what? Dont put words in my mouth and have those words be complete lies.

It would be nice without GM’s if everyone stuck to the rules.

Conceding a mob after your boys failed a pull then immediately engaging another mob while locked into the original. Your guild acquiring an FTE while locked into another mob comes to mind. You personally claimed it’s not breaking the rules, but:

Q25: If my guild FTE's or engages a raid target, how long must we wait before FTE'ing or engaging another raid target?
A: If a guild/party FTEs or engages a raid target, they may not FTE or engage a second raid target until the first one is dead or until 30 minutes has passed (this doesn't apply to triggered spawn targets that your guild triggered/spawned). Example: If your guild is in EJ and you have Sev incoming to your raid, but then Vulak pops, you are no longer allowed to just drop the Sev pull to go for Vulak. You must either kill Sev, or wait 30 minutes before FTEing a new target. The only thing this rule does is further force guilds to prioritize which targets they go after. It does not change any other aspect of raiding on the server.

If another guild pulled that, they would have you and 4 officers down their throats and blowing up that joke of a shared Discord channel. You’re difficult to work with when you’re convinced you’re right. No one wants to spend an afternoon lawyering p99 raid rules with AM leadership
Old 04-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but lets at least get rid of rid of the self-righteous "the server is better" shit. The server is better because you're winning more. That's all you and your army cares about. Be honest, be frank. Detoxx can't let a fucking Tunare go, so now we're FTE racing for a mob that begs for a rotation.

It's been fun bros, but its too important to get the 143rd True Mithril BP than be reasonable.
Preach.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Aviak

I know that it may not mean much, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the effort that you put into the halloween event a few years back and that you will be missed.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate that he admits the staff could care less about r99 and don’t even police it
I saw that too. Not sure if the person who asked that question knew what kind of ramifications would manifest on Red, based on Braknar's answer. Things are going to get entertaining and dramatic. I'm looking forward to the player made lore that may generate from this.

Can't say the same for that guy, lol.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 04-08-2019, 04:05 AM
Orc

Thanks for all your work over the years making p99 a fun place to play. You're one of the good ones and will be missed!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unban me be4 u leave

u know im an innocent man in jail
Lol you’re a toxic scum lord and deserved the bans
Closed Thread