View Poll Results: Poll
Racism is justified by the scientific consensus 21 39.62%
Racism is not justified by the scientific consensus 32 60.38%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
diggles? what the fuck man.
qq maybe you shouldn't all have the same avatar
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qq maybe you shouldn't all have the same avatar
first time i ever saw someone take advice from RnF to heart
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Banned

the Diggles Diggle clusterfuck was fun
Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdumm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first time i ever saw someone take advice from RnF to heart
haha, i suppose it's true.

i never meant to keep the same avatar. i made it for diggles and let him copy it. but then i couldn't figure out how to turn it off until today.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

and it's oh so wonderful~
Old 11-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Large Bat

There is no way to accurately quantify intelligence and if there was, there would be no way to accurately measure it due to the dynamic nature of brain chemistry. A subject could provide erroneous data for many millions of reasons that it would be virtually impossible to account for.

And if there was some magical method to somehow control the gathering of such data, trying to parse it along racial lines would only open up more variables to be accounted for.

This is magical thinking, nothing more.
Until we can upload ourselves to computers of course. Then we'll hash all of this out, and at the end of the day your agenda would still not be served.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by central scrutinizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no way to accurately quantify intelligence and if there was, there would be no way to accurately measure it due to the dynamic nature of brain chemistry. A subject could provide erroneous data for many millions of reasons that it would be virtually impossible to account for.

And if there was some magical method to somehow control the gathering of such data, trying to parse it along racial lines would only open up more variables to be accounted for.

This is magical thinking, nothing more.
Until we can upload ourselves to computers of course. Then we'll hash all of this out, and at the end of the day your agenda would still not be served.
a person's iq changes very little throughout his or her life, and iq has been found to be highly correlated with many other indicators such as college, employment, socio-economic status, and criminal history. in fact, your score on an iq test is the best predictor of how and what you will do later in life, even trumping your parent's socio-economic status. (although, the two are conflated anyway).

the sad thing is, this data and its prescriptions for society are often eclipsed by people who try to harness it for their own politically or racially motivated ambitions.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a person's iq changes very little throughout his or her life, and iq has been found to be highly correlated with many other indicators such as college, employment, socio-economic status, and criminal history. in fact, your score on an iq test is the best predictor of how and what you will do later in life, even trumping your parent's socio-economic status. (although, the two are conflated anyway).

the sad thing is, this data and its prescriptions for society are often eclipsed by people who try to harness it for their own politically or racially motivated ambitions.
I am aware of this.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by central scrutinizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am aware of this.
then how can you agree with anything you stated 3 posts ago?
Closed Thread