Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Aviak

I had a Theurgist's Star on Live just before I stopped paying. With close to max Dex it proc'ed often enough that I found I could solo blue and yellow's with a regular and reverse ds easily. However, in a group setting such as Walls of Slaughter in Omens of War, I found that the mana gain (even with max flowing thought) didn't offset the need to throw out a heal over time or CH and sit and med between those. So, it's situational. You'll find that you can solo using this weapon but that freedom leash only goes so far. There are other groups, such as an AE dps with casters, where this could be handy because of the need to stand on pulls. It's a cool toy and worth the trouble.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy mine with shaman buffs and asking the shaman to /duel you + slow

Get lots of procs that way and +75 mana does add up quickly
What is your dex though? "with shaman buffs" doesn't mean much to me when I don't know what you have without shaman buffs. I can get 255 dex unbuffed if it procs enough to offset the loss in mana. Assume I am meleeing the entire fight save celestial elixirs and exile undeads
Old 03-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, maybe people don't think the Theurgist's Star is as good as medding because no one has ever geared up a cleric to max dex. Maybe it's an unexplored way to play the class. I doubt it, though, because EQ doesn't really give much freedom as to how to play each class. They're all quite limited.
Some people go through life picking apart the work of others. I am a dreamer. I believe in innovation and expanding my perspective. That's how I choose to live my life. Maybe you can go around telling other people what they "can't" do and still sleep at night, but I know for damn sure that I wouldn't be able to.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Orc

Also, does this proc on corpses like a Worker's Sledgemallet?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

get yourself slowed and just stand and take a swing in between mana ticks. could even do it to the person who dueled and slowed you if you dont want to get too close to the mob in question
Old 03-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Orc

I feel as if everyone is missing the point. this wouldn't be for normal situations, this is a very niche item for a very niche purpose.

All I would like to know is how often it procs for those who have it AND what their dex was when they tested it.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric pet + melee is actually ok for a cleric to solo stuff (using the mage quest items to reclaim energy right before mob dies).

You can get pretty tanky as a cleric, then just throw yourself a CH now and then.

Getting the star is soooo hard though. The mace for the turn in is super super super rare.....

Dawnfire is also really strong on a cleric in guk :3 Random 550ish damage proc is pretty nice.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:13 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

dawnfire is really good in CoM too. you can borderline powerlevel yourself with one. awesome on red with the bonus exp + low value of the item.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:38 AM
Banned

there was a list of items and there "proc" value posted once

how proc's work on p99 have been modified to be a cleaner, non classic form of live

all weapons across the board have had there proc rate adjusted to one value

items like barb spirit hammer and some other "rare" proc weapons have been toned down ... I forgot why but it was posted awhile back, years if I remember

rip your non classic proc not dex friendly emu
Old 03-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was a list of items and there "proc" value posted once

how proc's work on p99 have been modified to be a cleaner, non classic form of live

all weapons across the board have had there proc rate adjusted to one value

items like barb spirit hammer and some other "rare" proc weapons have been toned down ... I forgot why but it was posted awhile back, years if I remember

rip your non classic proc not dex friendly emu
You are incorrect. Please read the thread located here.

It's classic.
Closed Thread