Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Theurgist's star isn't very good. Those who remember soloing with a manatap weapon on live were probably using this Vex Thal drop, as I did:

Dark Mace of Thought

MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 25
DMG: 25 Dmg Bonus: 26
Disease DMG: 5
Bane DMG: Greater Akheva +8
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
STA: +15 WIS: +15 HP: +100 MANA: +100
SV FIRE: +15 SV DISEASE: +15 SV COLD: +15 SV MAGIC: +15 SV POISON: +15
Recommended level of 60.
Effect: Theft of Thought (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL
Class: CLR DRU SHM
Race: ALL
Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Orc

Still looking for any cleric that might have this item and would be willing to tell me how much dex they had when they used it.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still looking for any cleric that might have this item and would be willing to tell me how much dex they had when they used it.
98 dex. But again, its not that great of item. It's a hey look at this nifty toy I can pull out on occasion and maybe I'll get a proc. Dex is an extremely passive stat for clerics. The fact that you got 180 dex unbuffed, is a bit ridiculous. Did you even hit WIS cap of 255, did you get the best possible + mana items you can get? That is a better direction to go than trying to get this item to work.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
98 dex. But again, its not that great of item. It's a hey look at this nifty toy I can pull out on occasion and maybe I'll get a proc. Dex is an extremely passive stat for clerics. The fact that you got 180 dex unbuffed, is a bit ridiculous. Did you even hit WIS cap of 255, did you get the best possible + mana items you can get? That is a better direction to go than trying to get this item to work.
I do n't hit the wis cap I have 219 wis in that gear my cleric is only 55 and 2786 mana (i was wrong btw my dex is 170 unbuffed)

EDIT: other unbuffed stats if relevant: 1233 hp, 95 pr, 127 mr, 100 dr, 117 fr, 124 cr

EDIT2: my unbuffed fr is only 102 i didnt realize i had ragefire arms ds on when i checked before.

EDIT3: I had some time to make a magelo page http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Red:LucillesCleric

i equiped the theirgist's star instead of epic for the purpose of seeing what the stats would be with it on. also, some calcs on the magelo dont line up perfectly with in game for example in game my hp is 1233 and on the magelo it says 1234

I realize that on blue in a raid you want 255 wisdom and the rest straight into mana but I am neither raiding nor on blue.
Last edited by Lucille; 03-05-2016 at 12:45 PM..
Old 03-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, does this proc on corpses like a Worker's Sledgemallet?
Just on red. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

It is a fun toy. I'd use it when I wanted to roll battle cleric style in a group. I also had Cloak of Piety for haste and full Ragefire armor to up that dex to 200+ with shaman buffs. If fighting undead, then I'd use Dawnfire for DPS mode (fighting in the undead tower in the hole = full on DPS mode with manastone). Note: I also had pre-nerf Donal's BP and Gheal staff from VP, so mana was never really a problem anyway.

I would use Star and Dawnfire with a hotkey like some shaman's canni-dancing. Requires sitting in melee range of the mob and keeping a tight watch not only on server ticks, but people's health. Hitting a pause based hotkey at the wrong time can kill a party member.

/sit off
/pause 30, /attack on (whatever was enough /pause to get 2 attack rounds)
/sit on

Also a great resist item for Poison/DR fights.

Those of us that had them on Blue used them in the BotB and swapped them out for cudgel depending on the situation (not like that farce red cleric BotB).
Old 03-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a fun toy. I'd use it when I wanted to roll battle cleric style in a group. I also had Cloak of Piety for haste and full Ragefire armor to up that dex to 200+ with shaman buffs. If fighting undead, then I'd use Dawnfire for DPS mode (fighting in the undead tower in the hole = full on DPS mode with manastone). Note: I also had pre-nerf Donal's BP and Gheal staff from VP, so mana was never really a problem anyway.

I would use Star and Dawnfire with a hotkey like some shaman's canni-dancing. Requires sitting in melee range of the mob and keeping a tight watch not only on server ticks, but people's health. Hitting a pause based hotkey at the wrong time can kill a party member.

/sit off
/pause 30, /attack on (whatever was enough /pause to get 2 attack rounds)
/sit on

Also a great resist item for Poison/DR fights.

Those of us that had them on Blue used them in the BotB and swapped them out for cudgel depending on the situation (not like that farce red cleric BotB).
I have been sitting every six seconds while running for the last 16 years this is exactly how I would use it [except manually and not a macro] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks for the great information, ele.
Closed Thread