Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
P.S. Don't only swarm kite. Do some grouping and some soloing other than swarming(fear-kiting, charm-killing etc.) so that you know how to play your class in different situations. Good luck young grasshopper
Bards have always been a wibbly-wobbly class, completely broken, useless, overpowered, unnoticed, amazing and just a mana battery. However, we can be all of that at the same time, while running and looking good doing so!

Grouping is more fun for a bard from my experience than amazing soloing. To be honest, when I played I really sucked at AOE kiting (and didn't learn about it till halfway through career, and abhorred it even when it worked) and swarm-kiting was utilizing charm to force a group of social enemies to attack your pet, break charm just before it died, and finishing it off at a few % health with chants. This worked well in Velious and later PoP because of the large health pools of enemies, don't think this works well in Kunark.

But in groups bards can do so much more, but you need to get familiar with some other techniques, like tab-buffering your pet, using the toggle last two targets option all the time, timing charm as good as possible so you land your recharm on your pet right after charm breaks. This just takes practice. From My PVE experience a good understanding and execution of these techniques saved many hectic situations, preventing wipes, leading to group members saying things like, "wtf, stop dropping mana song, you suck", "why do you talk so weird, no need to hit enter after each 3 words, idiot", sometimes even "Nice healing, thought we were dead there".

Nowadays it should be even easier since you can have multiple hotbars instead of 1, or rather less stressful.

I just speak from past experience though, last time I played a bard since this week was 2001 or 2002...
Last edited by Nalir; 06-27-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Decided I wanted to try barding and AE kiting so I dusted off my EC mule and put him to work. He's got a full suit of Paineel steel (that he only had for the sake of looking like a badass in the tunnel lol) and a pair of 5/55 rings. Garbage weapons. Gypsy lute and just did Nostrolo Tambourine quest today for him. Couldn't possibly care about any other gear for him after going up 6 levels AE kiting in EK.

Forgot to even train Dual Wield until 3 levels after the fact. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pity the group that recruits me after the AE xp dries up...

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pity the group that recruits me after the AE xp dries up...
Lol, thanks for the warning. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread