Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Default Project 1999 Red Discord Server

Why is this server listed on the homepage? Can we just get rid of R99 and release the Discord server yet? Whats it gonna take? a years salary of burger king to get this shit rolling out?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:18 AM
Kobold

No real eq classic pvp enthusiast is going to play Zek anyways cause the server dies every 2 months. We need a stable server with a good population and no crusty neckbeard lifetime prescription oxycontin addicts playing on it.

We need real casuals with real lives who just wanna play some eqpvp and relive that nostalgia that we think about every week or so a couple times maybe even three times a week.

Get the ball rolling GM's. Ill provide the burger king, you provide the server.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

daybreak shut down the Discord launch.

I'd guess because it was too close to Phinigel at the time.

The attempted roll-out of discord too early likely dashed future chances of being able to release a new box under the P99 brand for a long time with Agnarr around the corner.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Unless DeyBreak Games is releasing a discord server I don't see how it interferes with anything at all.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Banned

p99 staff was hyping discord and teams left and right

p99 staff comes to agreement with daybreak games for "legitimacy" of the project

p99 staff suddenly becomes completely silent about future development

it's pretty clear; they're obviously not going to come out and say that considering it goes against their "legitimacy" claim
Old 05-16-2017, 03:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 staff was hyping discord and teams left and right

p99 staff comes to agreement with daybreak games for "legitimacy" of the project

p99 staff suddenly becomes completely silent about future development

it's pretty clear; they're obviously not going to come out and say that considering it goes against their "legitimacy" claim
Yah this is pretty much on point.

Which means that there is NEVER going to be a timeline specific server either once the final patches go in (Chardok 2.0) (because that's a wipe and/or new server) So literally everyone having 10 level 60's is what remains of both these servers till the end of time.

But you can understand this as the bread and butter of Daybreak's income is rehashing TLP servers, i.e Agnaar. I half suspect the next one to come after Agnarr will be a Gate's locked server etc, etc. so that they cover the various demography's of everyone's ideal "best for EQ expansion era".
Last edited by Beastagoog; 05-16-2017 at 04:03 AM..
Old 05-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and people like charm breaks during crit lull resists? im sorry, but the above argument that "people dont like getting ganked" when there is so much built in punishment in the strictly PVE game just doesnt have any weight...
So your argument is basically "the game is hard already, everyone should want it to be harder"? Seems pretty weak. Plus, getting ganked by a griefer that you had no way of stopping is an entirely different set of misery than dying because you were stupid and punched Fippy Darkpaw when you were at 10% health in PvE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which means that there is NEVER going to be a timeline specific server either once the final patches go in (Chardok 2.0) (because that's a wipe and/or new server) So literally everyone having 10 level 60's is what remains of both these servers till the end of time.
Never say never. It won't happen tomorrow, but I find it hard to believe that after eight (or however many it's been at this point) years the staff would just give up on a progression server (and to a lesser extent the discord server).

If Daybreak truly said "no new servers, ever", and the staff really did give up, why would there be any secrecy? What would either P99 or Daybreak have to lose by saying "sorry guys, it's not going to happen"?

If I were Daybreak, I'd be thinking "I don't want these P99 punks to make me sell less Agnar subscriptions ... but other than that I want to let them keep going, as it's good for the brand for people to be excited about EverQuest." If I was thinking that way, I might say to P99 "hey, if you launch a new server before Agnar has had N months to earn us money, we will completely and utterly destroy you. And if you even tell people a new server is coming in N months that might stop them from playing Agnar too, so don't you dare say anything."

But once N months rolls around ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-16-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Old 05-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But once N months rolls around ...
Daybreak will announce a new Progression server like they have for the last several years.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your argument is basically "the game is hard already, everyone should want it to be harder"?
this is virtually 99% of the reason this emu exists and everyone isnt on a wow emu or live....
Old 05-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is virtually 99% of the reason this emu exists and everyone isnt on a wow emu or live....
I was responding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and people like charm breaks during crit lull resists? im sorry, but the above argument that "people dont like getting ganked" when there is so much built in punishment in the strictly PVE game just doesnt have any weight...
Of course people like it hard: that's why they keep playing even after they die from charm breaking at a bad time. But to say "well charm breaks happen, therefore everyone should want more misery in their lives" is a pretty dumb argument, and the population numbers show that no one is buying it.

Not to mention that, as I just said, getting ganked by a griefer is something you have no control over, which makes it far more miserable than dying because you punched a mob when you had low life.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-16-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Closed Thread