Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Hate Minis are Respawning too fast

Please Don't Hate the Messenger. Ok this took some researching but the 8 hour respawn of Minis in Hate never felt right here.

On the Bestiary page for Magi P'Tasa talking about the spawn timers in 2001. 8 or 9 days before the release of Luclin.

November 26th 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magi, like all mini bosses, is a semi-rare spawn with a placeholder on a 72 hour timer + or - 12 hours (60-84 hour spawn). He spawns in 10 different spots:

2 in rev house
2 on top floor in maestro's house
2 with ashenbone drakes on first floor
2 in inny's old lair
2 on second floor of second floor church.
On the Bestiary Page for Quillmane when discussing the Mage Epic in Feb of 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually spent the time to read through all the posts. Both sides make some very valid points. I especially like the post questioning whether I would loot 'Pete' for the Flowing Thought proc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (btw... to answer that one.... I wouldnt camp it unles no one was there who needed it and I would give up camp for someone who did... same thing for looting it)
PS I think a more accurate annalogy might be a proc of enduring breath... clarity is way out of the league of levitation imho
PSS.. to MQ this for mage epic the person in possesion of it would also need to be at least lvl 46... the quest mob to turn it in to is in the plane of sky

I'm not going to sit here and flame this person or that person for how they feel. I agree with another poster who said that they pay to play the game and they can do what they want.

I will say this though, my epic is hard... I mean HARD... earth staff from Hate drops off of P'tasa who is on a 72 hour spawn, water staff from Phinny on a 12 hour spawn (and it doesnt drop every time... killed Phinny 4 times so far and no staff... P'tasa once and no staff), torch of elements from Neh' Ashiir in CoM, and crown of elemental mastery drops from greater spynx.. epic guide says seventh island of sky but PoS guide says that Mob is on eighth island... I couldnt tell you personally because I never made it past the second [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]~

These are just a few MoBs off the top of my head. But thats all ok... epics are supposed to be hard...

am I happy that a lvl 36 rager killed Quillmane because he saw it on track... no... but thats his right

will I ever get my epic... probably not... but I'll still try

in the mean time, in my travles I'll continue to try and help as many people as I can with what ever it is they need... maybe I'll start a new trend... might even come back to bless me later... I can dream, cant I? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]~
Zam page for Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia comment from April, 2001

Quote:
This nice item comes from an Ashenbone Brood Master. The Brood Master is 55 or 56. It conned yellow to me ( 54 ). The Ashenbone Brood Master is on a 72 Hour spawn time ( 3 Days ). This is a very rare drop, just like when it use to drop off of Inny. This is how it is so flame all you want [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

54 Heretic
Ellizabeth Bloodbath
Ayonae Ro
Monkly Business Post talking about the Minis in June 2001 and saying they were a 4 day spawn which would probably account for variance on them.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...bosses-in-Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drydonxegony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawn time on these Demi's is right at 4 days. Also, it isn't the mobs that have the spawn time, its the spawn location. What seems to happen is this: When its time for a loc to spawn, any mini boss that isn't up has a chance of spawning. I saw 3 Broodmasters and 3 High priests spawn in the same day this week. So if you are waiting for repops and trying for a particular miniboss, do not kill the others as they spawn, but killing the one you want early will give it a chance to spawn again.

Feel free to discuss or dispute.
Last edited by Vianna; 03-31-2017 at 02:44 AM..
Old 03-31-2017, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/hate.htm

"- Big ugly mofo. 7 day respawn, while everything else on the plane is between six and 12 hours. He has around 150,000 HP, rampages and enrages a lot. Dual hits for 400 damage max, bashes for 250, uses Gravity Flux and AE dispel. Because the gravity flux can literally throw you across the zone, you want to fight him inside a building near his spawn point (marked 'E' on the map), and keep the tanks huddled in a corner. SHUT OFF BARD SONGS! That's how we agroed him once."
Old 03-31-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/hate.htm

"- Big ugly mofo. 7 day respawn, while everything else on the plane is between six and 12 hours. He has around 150,000 HP, rampages and enrages a lot. Dual hits for 400 damage max, bashes for 250, uses Gravity Flux and AE dispel. Because the gravity flux can literally throw you across the zone, you want to fight him inside a building near his spawn point (marked 'E' on the map), and keep the tanks huddled in a corner. SHUT OFF BARD SONGS! That's how we agroed him once."
That looks like it's from before the revamp as no mini bosses are listed.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That looks like it's from before the revamp as no mini bosses are listed.
Looks like you never clicked the link...

All the minibosses are listed there.

Code:
NAMED MINI BOSS MOBS 	LEVEL 	DROPS
Ashenbone Broodmaster 	56 	Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia
Mastrer of Spite 	56 	Tunarian Scimitar, Gardash, Rune Etched Boots, Rune Etched Bracer, Rune Etched Chestplate, Rune Etched Gauntlets, Rune Etched Greaves, Rune Etched Helm, Rune Etched Vambrces, Scaled Heirophant Breastplate, Scaled Heirophant Vambraces, Scaled Heirophant's Greaves, Scaled Heirophant's Boots, Scaled Heirophant Cloak, Scaled Heirophant's Helm
Lord of Loathing 	56 	Eye of Innoruuk, Beckon
Grandmaster R'tal 	56 	Sode of Enpowerment, Rakusha Cloak, Sunderfury, Indicolite Boots, Indicolite Breastplate, Indicolite Gauntlets, Indicolite Greaves, Indicolite Helm, Indicolite Vambraces, Legionnaire Scale Breastplate, Legionnaire Scale Bracers, Legionnaire Scale Pauldron, Legionnaire Scale Boots, Legionnaire Scale Gauntlets, Legionnaire Scale Greaves, Legionnaire Scale Vambraces
Magi P'tasa 	56 	Eye of Innoruuk, Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth, Apothic Boots, Apothic Crown, Apothic Gloves, Apothic Kilt, Apothic Robe, Apothic Sleeves, Apothic Warband
Coercer T'vari 	56 	Rod of Infinite Thought, Insidious Gloves, Insidious Halo, Insidious Manacle, Insidious Pantaloons, Insidious Robe, Insidious Sleeves, Insidious Slippers
Mistress of Scorn 	56 	Dawnchaser, Imbrued Platemail Boots, Imbrued Platemail Bracer, Imbrued Platemail Breastplate, Imbrued Platemail Gauntlets, Imbrued Platemail Greaves, Imbrued Platemail Helm, Imbrued Platemail Vambraces
High Priest M'kari 	56 	Truesight Hammer, Ethereal Mist Boots, Ethereal Mist Bracers, Ethereal Mist Chestplate, Ethereal Mist Gauntlets, Ethereal Mist Greaves, Ethereal Mist Helm, Ethereal Mist Vambraces
The Ire Lord 	56 	Eye of Innoruuk, Bloodmoon, Shield of the Immaculate
Avatar of Abhorrents 	56 	Vexthorne, Woven Shadow Boots, Woven Shadow Bracer, Woven Shadow Chestplate, Woven Shadow Gauntlets, Woven Shadow Greaves, Woven Shadow Helm, Woven Shadow Vambraces
Old 03-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like you never clicked the link...

All the minibosses are listed there.
No I am just an idiot apparently. However,

Quote:
Compiled from numerous guides around the Web, plus my own experiences.
The statement about all spawn timers except inny on 6-12 could have been taken from a prerevamp guide. I still don't find this as compelling as the evidence Vianna posted.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

That entire guide is literally directed towards the hate revamp.............
Old 03-31-2017, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

The Monkly business detailed guide from June 2001 says clearly 4 days. Sorry spit. One case disagreeing with 4 from the era isn't very reliable.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Then make the change. Ire is the only one atm that can double up. Everything else can only show up as individual.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

does the named chest even spawn right now?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does the named chest even spawn right now?
thats from a later update I think

Hate has gone thru like 3-5 revamps or something crazy