Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update
Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Orc

Shall we just delete the Mage epic out of the game? Looks like we might as well, already a huge pain to start with, with 90% of mages stuck at Earth staff. And guilds perma-camping the spawn and charging insane amounts of $$$ for the MQ.
Lets just go on and delete it and save any Mages the time and effort of even trying it.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Banned

Mage epic was rare on live too

It was much faster innately than it is here, big Telin heading that investigation last I knew
Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Several things here make mage epic easier to attain - Phinny is a trivial trio, it takes 2 hours to get a Quillmane cloak (a lifetime back then), the CoM bit can be duoed (required a guild raid back then). Only fair that something is put in the game to limit the rate of mage epics entering the game. The devs probably don't want epic mage armies running around (and rightly so).

It may seem that mage epic is very hard to attain, but really it's not much harder than it used to be back in classic, if at all. Many OTHER epics, however, became a lot easier to achieve on P99, which may be giving that impression, by comparison.

If anything, I'd recommend making all other epics a lot harder. They are called "epics" for a reason.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

I agree on making them harder to get, was shocked how easy my monk epic was. To be fair I grinded all faction as iksar and did all the sub quests myself so it took a while, but most short cut that part. Would love to see more no drop parts of epics and no MQs allowed to make folks appreciate the journey more.

Monk epic also seems to make final fight easier, should be on top of temple in middle of lake, not at the shore. It looks like on live people pulled the fights to the shore to make it easier, but was still another variable added in.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk epic also seems to make final fight easier, should be on top of temple in middle of lake, not at the shore. It looks like on live people pulled the fights to the shore to make it easier, but was still another variable added in.
Good catch
Old 05-19-2017, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

Yeah I found it strange why the astral projection spawns on the beach here when I distinctively recalled the final fight on the middle lake pedestal platform with the npc spawning there (upon turn in at the OT chasm)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Orc

I understand the concept of "rare" because I have camped many rare drops in my time. 10-20 kills seems reasonable for a "rare" drop. But I'm wondering... has the Encyclopedia Necrothurgia dropped AT ALL since the latest drop rate nerf?

The first few weeks after revamp, it was pretty common drop from broodmaster. everyone was getting their book... then a couple weeks later smugly quitting their necro and going on to other things - alts, other games, etc. - as if the book ended eqp99 for them. Then the nerfed drop rate came and I have not seen (in 11 kills) or EVEN HEARD OF the book dropping since. That seems to be "excessive overkill" on the drop rate nerf.

Just sayin.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Hate is definately off regarding drops.

Druid armor used to drop like mad (4 - 6 pieces per raid), now we go 5+ raids without a single drop sometimes.
Closed Thread