Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Washington or Arkansas?

Hi internet pals,

I have a question that I am having trouble with. I could definitely use some input from people here. I have two excellent job offers in hand, one in Little Rock, AR and one for Olympia, WA (near seattle). Two places I know NOTHING about.

The jobs, tit for tat, are nearly identical. It would be literally choosing which area I wanted to live in. I hate the snow, so I immediately dismissed Seattle area, but later found out it doesn't snow there. I moved forward with Little Rock, so far as entering a lease contract on an apartment. But, the more I look at it, Little Rock isn't so great as far as crime is concerned.

Has anyone lived/live in these areas? Opinions/comments? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks pals <3
Old 07-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

i live in washington but i'm basing my comparison off of what my friend who moved to AK had to say

AK is fucking boring and jobs are shit. but cost of living is dirt cheap and you can be buying what would be considered a mansion here for the cost of a shoebox apartment in seattle. there is nothing to do in AK and not very many people. seattle is being overtaken by h1-b street shitters and theres a lot of people but none of them speak any english or interact with anyone outside their insular communities. the seattle freeze isn't a meme and its the worst its ever been. most of the city is transplants now, don't expect any of the stereotypes or tropes about the city to be true anymore. everyone is a shut-in. weed is legal in washington, and way better. AK bud is trash they ended up having to overpay for inferior quality internet weed.

i would go for AK if the jobs are the same so i could live better and travel more, but i'm the type where i can make my own fun anywhere i go.
Last edited by Xaanka; 07-16-2017 at 11:07 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 11:10 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

oh here's what the gay scene is like in both states

ak: *crickets*

wa: the meth's good
Old 07-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

the weed is good but the people are bad, just like everywhere

if you like mountains/water and don't like blacks, WA is the clear winner. you'll pay more but the scenery can't be beat. it is 95% cloudy from october to march.

Reddit troll has a lot to say about Olympia
Old 07-16-2017, 11:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

oh wow, so I smoke weed but I don't do much else. big chicken. I love the mountains and fishing an shit, but not at the expense of half a year of rain. Is the weather really rainy or just overcast/cloudy? i do like the sun aspect of arkansas.

Xaanka the thing that sucks about travelling from arkansas as it that the airport is so small. every flight required a layover
Old 07-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned

it rains alot but not heavily. like a steady or light rain but not a downpour. IT IS VERY CLOUDY
Old 07-16-2017, 11:34 PM
Developer

You learn to do stuff whether its raining or not.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Banned

almost forgot - olympia has ALOT like ALOT of homeless/mental cases on the streets. there's one guy always jabbering to himself by the jack in the box and another guy i've seen multiple times dig out garbage and eat it.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

i knew this forum would come through. sounds like Ark is the better deal. obese people are better then junkies lol
Old 07-17-2017, 12:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

I'm not gay. I'm bi. I can blend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]