Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do remember me and some friends using EQ lingo in RL for fun during classic times. Like "she was Scowling at me, I had to zone" or "whos camping the toilet" and "me and this guy are basically Allies", "so tired Ill just go and camp out"
That is quite nerdy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Kobold

I typically say l@t()rz when I'm leaving. I've also thought to myself that X area is as humid as Trakanon's Teeth once.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I'm not actually an autist, I adjust my speech patterns to fit my situation. If I'm talking to a fellow nerdcore faygater, I will absolutely drop "lols" "keks" "burs" "cucks" "cringe" etc but that's pretty rare because I honestly avoid those people in my real life and have been making a habit of distancing myself from the remaining friends who are sad sack of shit nerds.
I actually don't have one gaming friend I socialize with IRL. I always felt sad about this, I have made many friends online though via games, but none in my city, none that I have ever physically hung out with.

I am the only gaming nerd amongst my RL friends, and I never discuss my gaming or gaming activities with any of these friends, as we have other topics and interests to share.

I kind of like it this way, it keeps my interests a bit more broad and diverse having people to socialize with in different circles of interests.

***Actually the only social groups of people I have run across that I cannot relate to are farmers and hardcore country music fans that only listen to country music.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually don't have one gaming friend I socialize with IRL. I always felt sad about this, I have made many friends online though via games, but none in my city, none that I have ever physically hung out with.

I am the only gaming nerd amongst my RL friends, and I never discuss my gaming or gaming activities with any of these friends, as we have other topics and interests to share.

I kind of like it this way, it keeps my interests a bit more broad and diverse having people to socialize with in different circles of interests.

***Actually the only social groups of people I have run across that I cannot relate to are farmers and hardcore country music fans that only listen to country music.
I grew up with a bunch of gamers, my best friends game except one, and I've met people irl from various games and guilds I've been in all over the states. All are normal successful dudes. No dope fiends or lowlifes. I don't have anyone in my professional life that games so I keep that separated. And no, I have never thought about calling someone a cuck irl.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Friend was holding his baby while questing,if you ask him to buff he will reply with "baby in secondary with a crit lull resist"
Old 07-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Kobold

I just yelled at someone who honked at me irl and called him a fa***t N****r and I know that comes directly from these forums, cus I never heard those words elsewhere.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Sinking the Bismarck with this Salvo of Upboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My girlfriend always asks me if I am 'busy saving the world' when she sees me at the computer and wants to ask me some stupid question. Typically I will answer with explaining exactly what I am doing in excruciating detail. I tend to act a little embarrassed (think Will Ferrel describing the panties in Old School while at the therapist) but I intentionally do this to mount the awkwardness as I ramble on and on with 1000x more detail than needed.

example -

Her - "Are you busy saving the world"

Me - "Funny you should ask. Cazic Thule just poped in the plane of fear, I am waiting on my druid friend Vaesyia to come get me from the West Commons Druid Spires. From there we will teleport into the Feerot, home of the Ogres and Troll. There is a hidden passage guarded by undead Spectres but they shouldn't be much of a problem. The real concern is our Bards can getting the kite going before the Freight Fingers and Shiverback Gorillas wipe the raid. Cross your fingers honey, daddy needs a Slime Blood of Cazic Thule for his Scythe of Shadowed Souls. I'll let you know how the pull goes."

Somewhere in the middle of this she narrows her eyes at me because she somehow thinks I am making fun of her, then I abruptly break character and call her cuck or a faygate. I wish I was joking but this is a startlingly accurate account of how a lot of our convos go while I am gaming.

TLDR I call my GF a cuck at least 2-3 times a week and refuse to tell her what I mean by it despite her requests.
P o s t o f t h e D a y
o
s
t
in may of 1941, the war had just begun
the germans had the biggest ship that had the biggest guns!
o
f
the Bismarck was the fastest ship that ever sailed the seas...
on her deck were guns as big as steers and shells as big as trees
t
h
e
the british guns were aimed and the shells were coming fast
the first shell hit the Bismarck, they knew she couldn't last
D
a
y
"Sink the Bismarck!" was the battle cry that shook Spyder's fingers free
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I'm not actually an autist, I adjust my speech patterns to fit my situation. If I'm talking to a fellow nerdcore faygater, I will absolutely drop "lols" "keks" "burs" "cucks" "cringe" etc but that's pretty rare because I honestly avoid those people in my real life and have been making a habit of distancing myself from the remaining friends who are sad sack of shit nerds.
lmao skarlorn comes thru

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-20-2017, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE at the water cooler or poop socking the better parking spot just doesn't have the same ring as when it actually involves EQ
I laughed for a good 3 minutes the first time I saw the term poop sock on P99. Now it makes me sad.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I laughed for a good 3 minutes the first time I saw the term poop sock on P99. Now it makes me sad.
Yeah it's funny how a word can conjure two totally different meanings in one's mind, just depending on the timeline it is used.

2010 - "Let's go poopsock!!!!! OMG LOLLOL YES!!!!!!!"

2017 - "Time to go poopsock guys. UGH why does this feel so bad? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"
Closed Thread