Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar necro and shaman

Me and a good friend started out on this server as this duo. We had plenty of classic eq experience, and after spending some time thinking about it, we chose iksar shaman/necro and never looked back. Both classes can solo amazingly well and as a duo it's just silly.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:07 AM
Large Rat

The IP exemption did not take weeks for me and my husband, just a couple of days.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My wife decided she would give it a go with me. We're still waiting for the IP exemption but she chose an erudite wizard to play. I just read her the class descriptions from the wiki and that's what she picked. I didn't want to tell her what to do but I'm kind of thinking I might want to roll a new character to play with her. I was really digging my de enc but not sure that wiz/enc will be able to do well.What do you all think?
Old 07-21-2017, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Well, enchanter can make a wizard far more effective. It's not too taxing for the wizard, throw out a few snares, maybe help out with roots and the occasional interrupt / nuke.

A more exciting partner might be bard; again able to charge up the wizards mana bar, but the real synergy is the bard making a huge swarm of mobs to run in circles around the wizard. She stands there, destroying the world, with her point blank area effect damage.

On live I had fun with a wizard/necromancer duo, but I don't think it would be so good here considering the almost total absence of clarity potions. We were Gekg and Sinkor the frogloks on Antonius Bayle if anyone played at the open time raids back then!
Old 07-21-2017, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

Mage/Mage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] fun combo.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:07 AM
Fire Giant

mage/mage or mage/necro for a bit more flexibility. Those are the easy options.

Mage/chanter is more powerfull but the chanter would need to be good, since nobody would heal him/her. Necro/chanter is a very nice duo since you basically have every single usefull EQ ability in there, and both can deliver a ton of damage as well.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

If she chose wizard, definitely go with a class with mama regen. My wizard buddy once described it as "Everquest TV." Because he spent so much time sitting and medding during group fights, that he felt he watched more than played sometimes.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihangel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My wife decided she would give it a go with me. We're still waiting for the IP exemption but she chose an erudite wizard to play. I just read her the class descriptions from the wiki and that's what she picked. I didn't want to tell her what to do but I'm kind of thinking I might want to roll a new character to play with her. I was really digging my de enc but not sure that wiz/enc will be able to do well.What do you all think?
Chanter is probably the best thing to add to the wizard.

Wiz doesn't really add a lot to the chanter overall because the only thing a chanter (who likes to charm!) needs is more hp and healing... and wiz doesn't give either of those. Wiz does bring elimination of pets eating xp which is nice, big nukes which are fun, more stuns and roots (and snare) which you can't have too many of, and teleports which are super handy. Chanter buffs Mana regen upon which wizards are 110% reliant to function, debuffs magic resist so stuns and roots and snares and some nukes stick more easily, and can protect the wiz with charm pet tanking and strong CC.

It's solid, especially for leveling up. The two are fine at 60 too, seeing as a solo chanter is strong so adding a wiz can't make it worse! The classes don't synergize in a way that makes this a power duo though. But don't let that turn you guys off on it. Ench+wiz will do very well.

You're in our world now.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-21-2017 at 12:02 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Banned

ENC WIZ can be okay!

Wizard is here just to make the enchanter's life easier. Wizard needs to be ON TOP of stunning charm breaks, ON TOP of Roots, and NUKING DOWN all mobs that NEED TO GO! Additionally, it's the Wizard's job to be invis'ing enchanter for charm breaks!

If done correctly, the wizard effectively serves to save the enchanter swapping spell gems and blowing mana on invis/nuke/root.

Don't let the wizard go stupid and waste all their mana on the mob the charm pet is gonna kill anyway!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Awesome! First time playing an enchanter and I'm hooked. Getting the hang of charming, running the creature into the ground, break, kill, repeat. Took a few fights to not freak and just mez everything around me but when you get it down pat is an amazing feeling. I hope she has as much fun with her wizzie. Thank you for the advice!
Closed Thread