Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just spray farted in my chair when I read the underlined. Erudite is the better end game choice because It can reach the Int cap faster, which means I can start focusing +HP items sooners. In the end I will have more HP than an iksar which is what really matters for a necro. Necros HP = Mana & Mana = HP. The extra 12 regen rate does not matter when I have vexing mordina healing me for 122 a tick. But what does matter is the ammount of extra hp I have for Arch Lich to eat & convert into mana to be spent on DPS.
Even if we assume that it is proper for a necro to cap int before focusing on hp items (which I'm doubting it is), how many more hp do you think an erudite will have than a similarly-geared iksar? A couple hundred? That is not going to make up for iksar regen causing you to lose fewer hp every tick you have lich going.

And then of course there will come a point when iksars and erudites both have their int capped even when they are focusing on boosting their hit points, because of how ridiculous velious gear gets.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of people on P1999 does not realize that a Human Monk has a 20% XP penality.

Facts stranger than fiction.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

"Assume that it is proper for a necro to cap int first".... yes that would be madness to assume an Int caster should cap his Int first. The erudite will always be the best choice for an Int caster, plain and simple. HP regen is overcome by the leach line of spells and is only a factor in low levels. No matter how you spin it solo gear, raid gear, velious gear, whatever.. the Erudite will have more HP in the end. Which when combined with a conversion of 36 hp to 35 mana, and a hot dot worth 1100hp is worth more than the regen. You don't need to rest for HP as a necro high end, nor do you need to be over 60% hp to pull. You alternate that leach spell in between pulls and are 100%. The only time I see the regen as being worth it is when you have a bad pull and are FD'd. We can argue this all day, but until you've played a necro at lvl 60 you won't know.
Last edited by filthyphil; 09-02-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

A velious-raid-geared erudite necro is going to have more hp than a velious-raid-geared iksar necro?

No. Just no.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

I didn't want to have to do this, but you've left me no choice.

A lvl 60 Erudite:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A Lvl 60 Iksar:

Keep resting Lizard man... soon you will have enough mana to pull again.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After getting back into the game I'm kind of amazed how imbalanced the class/race combos are. Perhaps WoW ruined my MMO ideals, but I can't create a character anymore without thinking about numbers and end game use.

For example, why would anyone in their right mind play a human monk over an iksar?
Why are Barbarians even able to be rogues, and why are the arguably the best race for a rogue? They're not stealthy. They're a big loud race. Makes no sense! Why do rangers suck so bad, yet it's the class a lot of people want to play the most. The advantage ogres/troll have for warriors and shadowknights are ridiculous over other races. And more stuff. And more stuff.

I just needed to put this in writing somewhere. I'm not really too pissed and I'll still play.
I have to remind myself that EQ was about roleplaying more so than elitism to a point.

The racial benefits are only going to have an impact at the lowest levels. Gear means so much more than naked stats. A cheal chain wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an ogre warrior or a gnome warrior. Well, the gnome will have better evasion and look cooler...
Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact is wood elf rogues weren't cool till I rolled mine.
wood elf rogues were always cool bro, and you better worship tunare too
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Fire Giant

havnt we reached a point as gamers where we understand max mana pool / int is essentially useless since you never burn your entire pool
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havnt we reached a point as gamers where we understand max mana pool / int is essentially useless since you never burn your entire pool
This is why it makes much more sense to stack hp on a shaman than wis.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snoop Lion and guy who did not receive love as a child

this example ends all further discussion