Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casting my vote for spawns-per-month system instead of windows! Always been my preference, forcing people to prioritize. The big guilds (IB, TMO and, yes, BDA too) can't cover everything. You're forced to prioritize, and the more competition there is for a given mob the more you should maybe shift focus a little instead of jumping into an arms race over it...
Yeah. I'm happy that this thread is starting to bear some fruit. I can't be the only person that fucking hates perma-logging my "elite" character. I like the idea of complete randomness on variance, my original thought was put mobs on a +-1 week variance, i changed it to +-72 so that it wouldn't be so threatening. As mentioned above, I really think that so many mobs in window is beyond the neckbeardedness we currently see. If you notice, IB and TMO have the same 5 or so people doing 90% of the tracking/FTEing.

More mobs in window will result in one of 2 things: we will need some goatee's to start growing neckbeards (IE: more basement dwellers to track endlessly) or we will start prioritizing targets and abandoning lesser targets. The latter would be my hope and would be the closest to classic that I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivthis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said it somewhere else,

Randomize the repop so it isnt locked at 1 week or whatever it is now.

A raid mob might spawn 3 times in 1 week or not once in 2 weeks.

Back when I raided on live we actually sent out trackers to find out what was before a raid would start, or do a bat phone if we accidentally found something up and a raid wasn't planned.
This is totally how i remember it. Raid time was predetermined at 5:00pm PST or whatever, we started tracking at 4:30 to figure out what we would kill. If nothing was up, we would work on epic encounters, faction, strats, whatever.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the fuckin truth. I just don't understand how the class c guilds even remotely have fun spending god knows how many hours waiting for pops. The worst part is they don't even need those drops.
Everyone wants a blood orchid from druu for one toon or another, half of PDs table is fantastic, still have rogues needing RSS from xygoz, still a few monks who'd like bo staff from nex (and it sells well too if you're selling loot rights), my own goddamn warrior needs a shissar and god knows how many people want the boots, and my shaman still needs a PE hammer. Still some select drops that are very good out of these places.

VS legs are still in super high demand as are wizard staves, faydedar shields are hnngg, vox drops prayers, nagafen drops bladestoppers (and cofs are nice :3 ), gore drops prayers, tal isn't a super big deal but it's a long pull and we have OT hammers, sev green scales are always needed, trak has teeth / donals, ct has strings / aon / soul leech / gloves, inny has mage staffs (and eyes, lol), draco has bcg, and maestro has hand but that hasn't really been a priority in a long time given it's a fairly common drop and green scales are less so.

Am I missing anything?
Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's insanity

Not competition

the sock has been going for years on this server. The sock has become this server's worst enemy. It has become this entity, this Thing. It can no longer be controlled, consuming many lives in it's wake. Burning down players left and right. Back when we were creating the sock because of fags and their egos, I knew it would turn into this monster. It's never going to stop. Some ahole always has to find some way to get over on some other ahole and pee in his wheaties. It's just Human Nature.

This server isn't even remotely Classic anymore. It's become this mutant version of EQ where if you don't dedicate your entire life for precious pixels you suck at this game.

Pride/Ego is a helluva drug
Truth
Old 10-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's insanity

Not competition

the sock has been going for years on this server. The sock has become this server's worst enemy. It has become this entity, this Thing. It can no longer be controlled, consuming many lives in it's wake. Burning down players left and right. Back when we were creating the sock because of fags and their egos, I knew it would turn into this monster. It's never going to stop. Some ahole always has to find some way to get over on some other ahole and pee in his wheaties. It's just Human Nature.

This server isn't even remotely Classic anymore. It's become this mutant version of EQ where if you don't dedicate your entire life for precious pixels you suck at this game.

Pride/Ego is a helluva drug
The most remarkable thing is that it has been enshrined by the server staff as glorious competition, and if you don't like it you are casual R scum.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone wants a blood orchid from druu for one toon or another, half of PDs table is fantastic, still have rogues needing RSS from xygoz, still a few monks who'd like bo staff from nex (and it sells well too if you're selling loot rights), my own goddamn warrior needs a shissar and god knows how many people want the boots, and my shaman still needs a PE hammer. Still some select drops that are very good out of these places.

VS legs are still in super high demand as are wizard staves, faydedar shields are hnngg, vox drops prayers, nagafen drops bladestoppers (and cofs are nice :3 ), gore drops prayers, tal isn't a super big deal but it's a long pull and we have OT hammers, sev green scales are always needed, trak has teeth / donals, ct has strings / aon / soul leech / gloves, inny has mage staffs (and eyes, lol), draco has bcg, and maestro has hand but that hasn't really been a priority in a long time given it's a fairly common drop and green scales are less so.

Am I missing anything?
The problem is, we are gearing alt armies. We don't need these things. We are competing for alt armies.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Banned

Not having this problem on red

Bring a group over
Old 10-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by texwilly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is, we are gearing alt armies. We don't need these things. We are competing for alt armies.
I raid on every toon that I've put raid gear on. The same for everyone else. It's about versatility and preparedness.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raid on every toon that I've put raid gear on. The same for everyone else. It's about versatility and preparedness.
Want vs. need. When i raided live, 1 out of 10 people had a second main capable of raiding with the guild; at the time, i would have described them as the neckbeards of the group. There simply wasn't enough time in the progression to waste leveling an alt. On top of that, we all actually played our mains (this is also the result of AA, but let's not go there).
Old 10-31-2014, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

So I was going to say tryred.gif but Nirgon beat me to it

so try plug.dj/project1999 .gif

can do it while sockquesting too
Old 10-31-2014, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by texwilly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is that alts are necessary with the whole variance thing, because by far the fastest way to get somewhere is to camp out with buffs.

At one point I proposed that people should be able to sacrifice toons for fungi staffs/guises/etc.

In the end it all boils down to lack of progression. If we were in PoP like we should have been, none of this would be a problem.
Closed Thread