Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default The Zerg Mentality

Lets be real here for a minute, zergs ruin any game.

Kunark bosses have very low hp and can be killed with not very many people. But without variance the biggest zerg guild gets every spawn, because no one can kill the biggest zerg guild and take it from them.

You will never recruit enough to contest, it does not work.

Variance offers the opportunity for lesser guilds to get spawns if they can mobilize faster, more pvp on the way and the first people at the spawn on each side will begin fighting.

VARIANCE DOES NOT MATTER WITH VELIOUS because the spawns take much longer to kill and wont be an option until guild is in full force during primetime hours, and there are far more spawns.

The zerg mentality forces players to lump into large guilds to get loot and basically makes server stale, boring and pointless.

Have we learned nothing from nihilum? Anyone remember when the only way to get your epic was to join nihilum and either raid for months to buy it with dkp or pay nizzar REAL MONEY for shit? Staff allowed this for 2 years and took donation money from nihilum too so they could do it.

Anyone remember amelinda? she was paid 50$ A week so they could exploit vox and other mobs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For more information on the zerg mentality watch the holocause pre red99 beta video with all the bees, those are zerglings that suck at pvp and just blob up

You can also watch the beta pvp video when 30 of them sat on a hill and assisted eachother and ruined the event because they suck at pvp and have to zerg.

Need to pack going to bahamas again this weekend, but one day i would like to play on red again

i just dont see a point in playing without variance

TK
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Zergs are totally classic. Numbers advantage or gear advantage are the general dividing lines in this game aside from neckbeard time commitments. Its not hard to listen to raid calls and press a few buttons and neither is humping zone lines or assist trains, buff order, blah blah...EQ isnt that hard and requires very little skill outside of rudimentary knowledge of each encounter.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

I apologize for making friends and teaching them how to play everquest please stop being so mad Steaks
Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Zergs just zerg variance.

Simulated Repops and a race to the mobs and having to select which target(s) to engage is the ONLY option that gets zerg easier to compete/contest against.

Science.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

So the premise of variance is that you will somehow out-neckbeard the Zerg guild who have proven themselves to be far bigger neckbeards with far better numbers?

Sounds like something exactly so stupid that only Steaks/tomatofarmer would suggest it.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Training solves everything!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Non variance is totally classic
Old 02-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Zerging is in the nature of competition, and it's not going away. If it's not one guild then it's going to be another one.

If they implement variance - great. Go nuts. Maybe it will help a little bit.

The tried-and-true method of competing with a much larger business (guild) is to partner with a smaller one. It worked on live. I know the guilds here are infested with autistic neckbeards, but I bet the brighter retards can still manage to broker an alliance.
Last edited by Sear; 02-06-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred schnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just dont see a point in playing without variance

TK
i'd just roll with that instinct until Velious
Old 02-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Kobold

This topic definitely needed another thread.

OP is not retarded at all for whining about P99 and bragging about going to the Bahamas.
Closed Thread