Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default XML Files Not Compatible

I am trying to load a new UI i just downloaded from EQInterface.com (http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...fo.php?id=3796) and when i follow the install directions it gives me that msg "XML Files Not Compatible with current EverQuest files..."

i have it in a separate folder, and that folder has no folders inside of it, so it should work fine. anyone else encountered this problem?

Asher
Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Theres a discrepancy between what the UI's EQUI_Animations.xml declares, and what the client thinks it should be declaring. They add new or remove items/features/UI pieces from the default EQUI_Animations.xml with every patch on live. So unless you get a UI from the exact point in the Titanium client's history that this server has, you're going to get this message.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

So its pretty safe to assume that you cant go to EQui and grab a full ui?

thanks for the quick response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Technically you can grab any UI and use it but like Miro said you are going to get XML errors until you backtrack the files to 2005. Also add to that even some features available in 2005/6 will be turned off in classic (shared bank etc) even though the client recognises the xml code.

Also, add on to that Project1999 uses custom spellgem layouts to give a more classic feel so you would also need to edit those.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

ehhh idk this has turned out quite a bit more difficult than i would have liked lol.

i tried adding a different pet window that shows my pets buffs so i can know when to re haste him, and it replaced some file in my UI, so now i cant even get the "default_old" to load [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it just goes to "default"

any way to re download that UI?

and one more thing, what UI's are you guys using?

Asher
Old 02-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Check the link in my sig for instructions.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

I would check out the SOES series. I remember those being my favorite from back in the day.