Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Population and Experience these days.

Hey guys I've been looking for that EQ experience for old. I didnt know this was even around. I';ve been toiling over the site and reading threads and such. Im ready to do this. The two questions i have are this. Non-PVP server. What is the population like these days? ANd with me rolling a new char will the newbie zones have plenty of people or are all the people higher levels and in the raid zones and dungeons and such? I just dont want to feel like Im playing by myself.
Thanks guys and galls.

Aralynn
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Aviak

Send a message via MSN to Olacaten

There are plenty of new players around FP and Gfay those are the most common places, and the server is around 200 to 600 depending on ur timezone.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

If you join blue, you will have plenty of people to group with.

If you join red, it can be solo a lot of the time, but it's still a lot of fun!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Fire Giant

population seems to be growing. Just a heads up going in do not get discouraged by the high rates of the economy they really do balance out due to the small number of players compared to live (if you played on live) and due the the high cost of really good items and the mass availability of said items all the mid and low range gear you could want is practically or if your running into me ingame actually, free.

So ya its fun people are generous in general just try not to get bummed out that your not rocking a fungi and a Tstaff or whatever your class equivalent is of crazy twink gear you will get it eventually.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Orc

God, feel free to give me all the monk gear you don't want. Thanks in advance.

People tend to stick to one zone, usually dunegons, and poopsock exp. It's a sad truth, but in leveling with a small pop, you are somewhat forced.

Ceebeegee - 27 Monk, always LFG
<Explorers of Norrath>
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Sarnak

get a list of the server zone names and you can do a /who all [zone]. Then if you want a group you can see how many ppl are there and send some tells. Crushbone and Blackburrow are pretty popular.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Sarnak

I recommend starting on Odus! It has the buggest low lvl population on the server....u will run away from grp invites!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Welcome Aralynn, I have to agree with what others have posted. Personally I've seen the highest low-level population around Greater Faydark and Freeport but as you level you'll find the population spreads more as some classes and players are more group-oriented than others.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

Just don't take the forums too seriously. Lots of no-lifers and meta-trolls.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aralynn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys I've been looking for that EQ experience for old. I didnt know this was even around. I';ve been toiling over the site and reading threads and such. Im ready to do this. The two questions i have are this. Non-PVP server. What is the population like these days? ANd with me rolling a new char will the newbie zones have plenty of people or are all the people higher levels and in the raid zones and dungeons and such? I just dont want to feel like Im playing by myself.
Thanks guys and galls.

Aralynn
When joining P99 before creating a character, before modifying your UI, before killing that first gnoll...you should do this first.

If you don't that's your choice...but you'll like the game, and this server, a lot better if you do. Once you start you just can't stop. It's like Pringles except each chip is a post and the can is limitless in size....and the guy with the mustache is Harrison.

Beyond that play how you want. Odus, unlike previously stated, is dead. Avoid it. Minus an occasional Hole raid/group, no one goes there, and until Velious when the Warrens drops no one ever will.

Western Antonica (Qeynosian lands) is semi-populated. Can get groups in Blackburrow pretty easily and almost always someone in South Karana. A lot solo/duo in East Karana as well even if only for spider silk farming. The Antonican dividing line (Highpass/Highkeep) stays pretty busy, especially Highkeep. Eastern Antonica contains some of the most heavily used zones in Norrath between places like East Commonlands, Nagafen's Lair, and the Oasis.

Faydwer stays pretty busy as well with Crushbone (Most popular low level zone unless you're a Blackburrow hipster like I was), Unrest, and Mistmoore being the central points. Greater Faydark also being busy if only because it's a close proximity city to Crushbone.

You're better off avoiding Kunark, unless you roll an Iksar, until high levels. Lake of Ill Omen is nowhere near the xp people think it is (though they seem to be under that impression and it stays pretty busy), with the exception of Bloodgills when solo/duoed but that's a mid 40s to early 50s camp anyway. Sarnak Fort is only good if you can maintain chain pulls or possibly some form of AE group but even then you can most likely find better someplace else. Kurns is mostly impractical unless you're a lizard as it's a long walk from any city. By the time you're higher level and get OT hammers, or can simply afford to bind at your select outpost, City of Mist, Chardok, Sebilis, and Charasis become some of the best, if not the best, places to xp and, especially in the case of Sebilis, stay very very busy.

As for general population. Blue typically sees between 400-600 players prime time on any given day. With the number depending on several variables such as what day of the week it is, whether or not it's a holiday, and how much of a douche the login server decides to be that day.
Last edited by Danyelle; 04-18-2012 at 08:37 AM..
Closed Thread