Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder which single zone it is possible to level 1-60 in.
Butcherblock?
Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder which single zone it is possible to level 1-60 in.
Technically any zone with at least one level 40 or higher mob
Old 08-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always see people recommending you horde bone chips and spider silks but wow is it ever hard to actually unload those nowadays.

"But Sonark, I know like 100 people in this game and can always find buyers!"

Yes

"Silly Sonark, you just have to spend 12 hours a day in EC tunnel for a few weeks and you'll be fine."

Yes
It may be hard to find a buyer for a stack or two every now and then, but be on during the evening US time and offer 1000 Spiderling Silk and yo will get a bunch of whispesr.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EVERY NEW PLAYER SHOULD START HERE
https://wiki.project1999.com/

Then add lhancelot to your ignore list.
Actually Baler that is a handy link but I would say that is more like the #2 spot.

#1 place to start is https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159515

Learn the server rules, learn how to protect yourself, ie turning logging on to start when client starts.

I'm not going to make any presumption about your upbringing but being polite/courteous and communicating with others will take you much farther then just rushing in after mobs -- ie just basic manners -- Its how I remember players of EQ community which made things great, but there are the bad apples too.

I'm sad to say learning how to protect yourself shouldn't be the first thing expressed to a new player but I'm of the mindset ... better to know ahead of time. I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else off, but I want you to be aware the bad fruits can be really bitter and leave a nasty taste if you happen to bite into the wrong piece.

Otherwise Welcome to 99 - the memories will come back even if you restrict yourself to kunark where you don't know a lot. Actually not knowing might make it an even better experience because you get to learn things like it was back in the day. Wiki is nice even if not 100% accurate, but make a nice reference point. However at the same time, the wiki can spoil the chance to discover things without it the way the game was originally meant to be played, learning though communication with others, including the whole host of NPCs in the game designed to send you racing off to far away places and getting lost or killed along the way.

I agree that soloing when just starting out fresh on the server can seem very rough, but let me just say.... do your homework on guilds - they are not all created equal.. biggest doesn't mean best but larger can offer more potential to have others around to get the xp bar headed in the proper direction.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It may be hard to find a buyer for a stack or two every now and then, but be on during the evening US time and offer 1000 Spiderling Silk and yo will get a bunch of whispesr.
It takes 1000 as the baseline to get you anywhere?

Good gravy
Old 08-17-2017, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes 1000 as the baseline to get you anywhere?

Good gravy
Note I said 'every now and then'. Silk and chips always sell.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Your "every now and then" applied to the stack or two part.

Or at least that's how English works.

And they don't always sell.

The only reason I ever unloaded any bone chips is because I got lucky one time when an Erudite Necro was WTBing in East Cabilis as I was running through.

Every attempt on my own to sell them always ended in failure.

IRL RNG is a lot crazier than in-game. And in-game is pretty crazy.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Your "every now and then" applied to the stack or two part.

Or at least that's how English works.

And they don't always sell.

The only reason I ever unloaded any bone chips is because I got lucky one time when an Erudite Necro was WTBing in East Cabilis as I was running through.

Every attempt on my own to sell them always ended in failure.

IRL RNG is a lot crazier than in-game. And in-game is pretty crazy.
Yes, I know what my phrasing referenced. Every now and then it may be hard to move a stack or two. However, it will sell.

Necro's aren't the only ones to buy chips. You have SK's as well as people wanting to hand in the bone chips in places like Kaladim, etc.

I remember when I pushed a toon from 1 to 16 at Kaladim, I couldn't find enough people selling bone chips. I overpaid at like 15p per stack.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I know what my phrasing referenced.
...even though you tried to change the subject of its reference retroactively.
Quote:
Every now and then it may be hard to move a stack or two. However, it will sell.
At some unknown point, sure.
Quote:
Necro's aren't the only ones to buy chips. You have SK's as well as people wanting to hand in the bone chips in places like Kaladim, etc.
At what point did I say Necros are the only ones who are willing or able to buy bone chips?

I just said I got lucky with one one time, after months of fruitless searching from classes of all shapes and sizes.
Quote:
I remember when I pushed a toon from 1 to 16 at Kaladim, I couldn't find enough people selling bone chips. I overpaid at like 15p per stack.
And how far back does this memory stretch?

I held onto mine for 3+ months, and even made a thread in the Commonlands forum on this board and got nothing.

And as my forum join date suggests, I joined and started playing here Feb 2017
Closed Thread