Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Default Rogue Epic and Pick Pocketing Tani N`Mar

Have Pick Pocked Tani N`Mar before for epic, lucked out and got parchment on first try with skill in the 70's.

Now trying to pick pocket with skill in the 140's for the second time to turn in Stanos head. Have spent 40+ min's pick pocketing Tani N'Mar without 1 success, have not gotten one copper off of him. I have been chased out of the zone 5 or 6 times, luckily had sow on.

Seems broke to me, I know I feel I have bad luck in EQ sometimes but 0 for 40+ min's something seems broke.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Tani doesn't always spawn with the parchment. If you haven't gotten any money, chances are someone came in and picked him clean before you got there. It's best to show up around his respawn time so you can make sure you're the first one to pick his pockets.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:11 PM
Aviak

Should have said tried over 2 different times. The last time he did re-spawn and still no luck over the last 15 min's.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Aviak

Just spent 30+ more min's of pick pocketing. Zero successes.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Do you catch him fresh on his spawn cycle or are you trying randomly every now and then to pick pocket?
Old 08-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Aviak

One time I know was Fresh, just now tried for 15 min's @ 4:45am EST still not one successful pick.

Just a thought did a patch happen to change the min pick pocket skill for a successful pick? I was able to pick pocket him for my epic when my skill was in the 70's. Now pick pocket skill is 158, have improved pick pocket skill by 20+ trying to pick pocket Tani N'Mar.
Last edited by Udabut; 08-02-2016 at 05:09 AM..
Old 08-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Should be in melee forum. I'd love to know how many times you've died if you spent 30 mins picking.

Tani has a chance to spawn with parchment. He despawns at 7pm and respawns a few mins later with a fresh loot table. He has no coins. You may get a words of psyche.

Founy despawns at 7am. Has coins.

Unsuccessful = failure or mob has an empty inventory. If you keep picking an empty mob, you'll crit fail eventually. I only pick Tani 3 or 4 times w/ 200 skill and wait for a new spawn.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-02-2016 at 10:42 AM..
Old 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should be in melee forum. I'd love to know how many times you've died if you spent 30 mins picking.

Tani has a chance to spawn with parchment. He despawns at 7pm and respawns a few mins later with a fresh loot table. He has no coins. You may get a words of psyche.

Founy despawns at 7am. Has coins.

Unsuccessful = failure or mob has an empty inventory. If you keep picking an empty mob, you'll crit fail eventually. I only pick Tani 3 or 4 times w/ 200 skill and wait for a new spawn.
BE A BOSS AND pick pocket first and leave :P
ive done tani PP twice and then leave,
founy in the other hand do it till hes empty.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Eh I just assassinate them.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have not died yet, always have SOW up. Just run up top and click sow pot or if sham there beg for sow and regen.

Your information that he has no coin and Unsuccessful = empty inventory also answers my question. Was expecting one success in the 200+? PP attempts.
Closed Thread