Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really enjoy the character, buying jboots is worth it. They will eventually pay for themselves over the long run compared to sow pots which are a plat sink over time.
This is so wrong it pains me to even dignify a response to this poster.

4 10 dose SoW pots cost 400plat(ec)/260pp(cost to make) and lasts 24 hours.

They pay for themselves and allow you to run faster than jboots past level 15.
SoW pots are not a plat sink unless you are chugging potions for no reason, I can make 400plat on a level 24-30 in an hour, Two if I don't want to rush.

So sink 6k plat into an item that gives you no stat,hp,mana or resist boost. Or sink hours of farming cyclops which is time wasted vs exping or plat farming.
Save the 6k and buy yourself a nice piece of equipment, perhaps even multiple pieces of equipment depending on your gear.

Just buy SoW PoTs. Plus you can let other people drink from your sow pot in case you have a group that needs to move.

---
SoW pots are the same as casting SoW on yourself in case anyone was curious about the speed. Jboots are always only 35% movement speed boost.
See here for Character level movement speed with SoW http://wiki.project1999.com/Run_Speed_Comparison
---
in closing unless you're a fat cat who scum bag flips in ec all day and have a million plat to burn. I can't ever recommend Jboots, The cost vs efficiency is just not there at all. By all means if you really want them otherwise I'm not saying don't get them just be aware of what you're getting yourself into.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-13-2017 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Kobold

This whole thread makes me really wanna work on my Alchemy tonight.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole thread makes me really wanna work on my Alchemy tonight.
Enjoy sitting in EC getting terrible profit. Simply because p99 has so, so many more shaman than there was back on live during velious. People cycle through EC sellings pots 24/7.

If SoW pots cost ~65pp to make and you sell them for 100. That's 35pp profit. Let's say you get lucky and sell 20 in an hour.. That's only 700pp in that one hour. And I'm 100% not exaggerating about getting lucky. You would have to be the only person selling them and just happen to have someone who needs them. More realistically you'd be lucky if you sold 10, 10 does in an hour.

Then there is the cost to train any tradeskill. You'd be better off getting to 60 and obtaining torpor than starring at the EC tunnel walls and some fat ogre's butt crack in the distance.

There are other potions ofc but again the profit just isn't really there in terms of the sell price vs the time it takes to sell them. But it's a fun past time if you're drinking or doing other stuff. Super annoying having to constantly hit Shift Up to spam your WTS message though. Especially when you're only looking at ~35pp profit per unit. bleh

---
Fun Fact: If you want to make your own SoW pots you only need to level a shaman alt to 32. I recommend Barb for a Sow Pot Mule.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-13-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy sitting in EC getting terrible profit. Simply because p99 has so, so many more shaman that there was back on live during velious. People cycle through EC sellings pots 24/7.

If SoW pots cost ~65pp to make and you sell them for 100. That's 35pp profit. Let's say you get lucky and sell 20 in an hour.. That's only 700pp in that one hour. And I'm 100% not exaggerating about getting lucky. You would have to be the only person selling them and just happen to have someone who needs them.

Then there is the cost to train any tradeskill. You'd be better off getting to 60 and obtaining torpor than starring at the EC tunnel walls and some fat ogre's butt crack in the distance.
Well, I plan to level Alchemy anyway (along with the skills needed to make color plate armors), so its not a big deal.

I don't really plan to raid and the cost of Torpor is just stupid, so I'll probably just ignore it and not bother TBH. My Shaman is mostly my "soloist" anyway, I have another character thats more for being social.

But yeah, if an item costs like 10,000 or more, I just ignore its existence because there is no reason it needs to cost that much, so I refuse to give people the satisfaction of ripping me off for it.
Last edited by Squabbles123; 05-13-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

OP, take what you want from all the comments on jboots. It's really just a personal thing, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 05-13-2017 at 03:27 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the all the replies. Apologies about the tone of my OP as I had just wrote it after spending several hours getting AC to spawn in S RO, only to watch about 5 people port in at 9pm game time (this was 4-5am pacific time, doesn't get much more off-hours than that) and then losing the AC to one of them.

Currently using SoW potions, and I think they're a solid buy. I always stay stocked, but would definitely like the Jboots for the reasons many have already outlined in this thread.

As for me "not be willing to camp" or however it was put, I have no problem in doing a camp. In fact, I rather enjoy the rare spawn camps in zones like this. I've looted A Glowing Black stone from Pyzjn twice (one on live back in the day and once here) and killed her much more than that. I've also obtained Ring of the Ancients twice back on live by doing the S Ro camp.

I would absolutely love to camp the AC in S Ro like in days past, but, as I've said, Nilbog rewrote the script so that the S RO spawn is now basically a free-for-all clusterfunk at 9pm. My primary gripe with this entire thing would be the rewriting of the AC spawn in S RO... I really just can't even fathom how it was thought to be a good idea to rewrite the one spot in the game where players who can't/won't camp the OOT spawn had a decent change of getting a ring without fierce competition and changing into the 9pm crap show it is currently.

This was always the draw to the AC camp in S Ro, it wasn't as consistent as the OOT spawn, but it came with much less competition. The rewrite of the spawn script tosses this out the window and changes the camp into one of the least likely spots for one to acquire a ring thanks to that 9pm dinner bell.

Anyway, that's enough ranting from me... If MQ'ing is as safe as everyone seems to imply, then I'll just save my pennies. Thanks again for all the insight, everyone, see ya in-game.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

In the end (with the exception of intending to use it as an outdoor junk buff), Jboots are just a convenience item. SoW pots, while better, run out. Jboots are good enough and will last until a laggy trananon poop sock in BDA makes you destroy them instead of the rabbit meat you meant to and Ambrotos laughs at you leading you to get a charity MQ from Gats who will tease you about them for 3 years until you MQ one for his friend, Laboomer.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Banned

sow pots are better than jboots but having jboots for a handly quick click is worth it too...

"I dont have a peggy cloak cus I can buy batwings" just doesnt really fly, no matter what class you are.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Just camp Fishbone Earrings in Qeynos Hills or something. Those still gotta be worth a decent amount right?
Old 05-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the end (with the exception of intending to use it as an outdoor junk buff), Jboots are just a convenience item. SoW pots, while better, run out. Jboots are good enough and will last until a laggy trananon poop sock in BDA makes you destroy them instead of the rabbit meat you meant to and Ambrotos laughs at you leading you to get a charity MQ from Gats who will tease you about them for 3 years until you MQ one for his friend, Laboomer.
Laboomer who later main changed to Hufen, the Halfling Warrior and competed with me for gear. Chest and the Loot Council decided to award a CoF off of that red outdoor dragon in Skyfire to Hufen, even though I was there and was a true main, not some false main of an already epic'd wizard (Laboomer). Then Gats and Boomer and Cloki said fuck you to Chest and Anthrax and formed <Omni> and it became clear the Loot Council was a system of Idiots. They later gave* me a CoF. Being a righteous hobbit I returned it to Chest on one of my long hiatuses. I later quit the game and allowed Nibblewitz to pilot Filbus when they needed a tank. Somehow Nibble managed to score an RBB and keep it on Filbus, despite him wearing the RBG, but I have long since disbanded from BDA, so now I have two haste belts with a shade of difference, one stolen from BDA, in revenge for the CoF they awarded to the scumbag Hufen, and may Anthrax never enjoy another day of Raiding.
Closed Thread