Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic's were nerfed to require level 46 to equip and level 50 to use.
Prior to that nerf Epics were possible at level one. I completed the Cleric Epic turn in at level 1 (dinged me to 7) and I did the Monk turn in as well at 1.
Is this something the p99 devs confirmed, or something that everyone thinks was patched into the game way back in the day, but is usually misinformation, or only applies to certain epics?

I did the Warrior epic for two level 1s in 2008-2009 respectively on Live.

And I got the Shaman epic for my level 38 in January of this year.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

Speaking of Warrior epics, does that summoned mage sword combine in the red scabbard work to make dupes for your epic on p99?
Old 08-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Not patched out of Live until 2012

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=617
Old 08-16-2017, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Was really looking forward to seeing newbie zones crowded with lightsabers
Old 08-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of Warrior epics, does that summoned mage sword combine in the red scabbard work to make dupes for your epic on p99?
I'm fairly sure on live I may have bypassed most of the warrior epic... I recall doing enough to get the scabbard, then getting tired of server bullshit with the rare stuff, so used the rumoured summoned mage sword to complete it.

Later I had two versions of all three swords (augmentable and unaugmentable), which was awesome. I had an account issue, which I petitioned, then for some reason a GM noticed and deleted my spare epics because he said having two copies was an exploit.

I was very sad because I could no longer fashion quest double reds.

Obviously this was all post classic.

I believe on p99 you can't do the mage summoned blade trick with your scabbard until you have actually been awarded the real epic(s) first.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

Gahhhh! All the fucked up apostrophe placements!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this something the p99 devs confirmed, or something that everyone thinks was patched into the game way back in the day, but is usually misinformation, or only applies to certain epics?

I did the Warrior epic for two level 1s in 2008-2009 respectively on Live.

And I got the Shaman epic for my level 38 in January of this year.
Nilbog's answer to your question: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...76&postcount=1
Patch when the change took place: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211758

You can get the epic at 38 but you shouldn't be able to equip it until 46.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Also, if you're thinking of doing it early just for the EXP, the EXP is capped each level, so it's not going to be some incredibly magical moment that instantly takes you to level 41.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if you're thinking of doing it early just for the EXP, the EXP is capped each level, so it's not going to be some incredibly magical moment that instantly takes you to level 41.
Aye, believe there is an 11% ceiling on any exp gains now.

Edit: Actually, I believe this to be true for certain on mobs, not absolutely certain on quest EXP. I think some have confirmed it on Gnoll Fang turn ins though. I don't know if this is classic, I believe on live in Kunark / Velious era people reported earning an entire Yellow of exp when turning in their final hand-in for epic (I recall the level being level 50 for some reason).
Last edited by Rygar; 08-16-2017 at 10:01 AM..
Old 08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if this is classic, I believe on live in Kunark / Velious era people reported earning an entire Yellow of exp when turning in their final hand-in for epic (I recall the level being level 50 for some reason).
It is not classic. It's implemented to battle RMT.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread