Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other monks may call my wu's fighting pantaloons garbage but my monk will wear hers forever cuz she's a Master Wu fangirllizard <3 <3 They were hand-made with love!
+1
Monk rule !
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are a lazy player and like sitting around then youre more of a hinderance to the group than anything.
A monk that won't pull or tries to "brb guys", "afk bio", "need to get a drink", etc... repeatedly to get out of pulling is a piece of trash in my opinion.

The remedy if this keeps happening is for the group leader to say "okay" and drop them from the group, have someone else pull...and send him a tell saying to pst for an invite when he's back. It might sound harsh but it fixes up the slackers or makes them move on.

They know who they are, and there's more than a few out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2017, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I remember reading somewhere that Block is also a better skill than Parry, and not just being renamed versions of the same thing.
I read that as well, the tests showed that it was about 3 times as effective. Mind you this is just going off memory.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A monk that won't pull or tries to "brb guys", "afk bio", "need to get a drink", etc... repeatedly to get out of pulling is a piece of trash in my opinion.
So... someone who doesn't constantly work to level your alts while you sit in one place is a piece of trash? Aren't we entitled.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

My bet is still on Dungeons and Dragons monks.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... someone who doesn't constantly work to level your alts while you sit in one place is a piece of trash? Aren't we entitled.
Basically. Didn't invite them to DPS.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And for every other player who needs to brb, afk, or get a drink?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This goes with any class being played by someone that doesn't try to perform at an appropriate level of effort.

Of course, this is subjective. What one person considers lazy another might consider normal.

I also wouldn't call someone "trash" because they don't perform at a level I feel is correct. I just view these types of players as typical, tbh.

Speaking on busy classes... Honestly I stopped playing a bard because I felt like I was doing ALL the work, with very little appreciation. I had made it to grouping finally, and had a large array of songs to use.

My problem was I seen "typical" players in all my groups. The ones that put about 50% or less effort into playing, while I was AE mezzing, single mezzing, pulling, TANKING, and then managing songs of people's choice when they were not happy with what I was twisting. It took about a week of this for me to decide people on this game are not worth carpal tunnel syndrome.

I don't think any class has anything on a bard when it comes to being busy. Including chanters. I can play chanter fine, manage a pet, CC, solo charm kill, etc. Bard is far busier.

My point is, I can't see monk being busier than a bard, or a chanter for that matter.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Just seems a bit dickish to label someone else trash when they don't meet your standards.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just seems a bit dickish to label someone else trash when they don't meet your standards.
haha Ravager, I beat you to it.

I wouldn't call someone trash either, for not being as proficient as I think they should be on the game.

Unless they were an ass. Then, I would probably call them trash.

But, that would be due to their attitude not their proficiency levels on p99 EQ toons.
Closed Thread