Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Aviak

Yep your probably right about the texture updates. They are pretty big.

When I said "Rendered Classic Music" I meant the intro, death and two combat songs. NOT the sound font I made. I don't think many people care that much about the music like I do. The rendered music is just 4 mp3 files that are placed into the EQ directory. I think again file size might prohibit this though.

Keep up the good work. This installer is the most wonderful thing anyone has done for P99 so far IMO!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the kind words.

I am almost done with v0.2

Will add:
P99 Cartography
HQ General Sounds

Classic spell icons are already in v0.1, I will add Luclin ones and possibly others.
plus some other things are going to come in v0.2

Will NOT add:
Rendered Classic Music - this requires taking ownership etc over Windows System files. Something that is nearly impossible to do with an Installer. Users will have to do this manually. I would love to do this, but its just not very possible. Would be great if we could figure out how to achieve the same by manipulating EQ files instead of Win Sys files.

Velious Armor Textures - 2 reasons, 1) Its not velious yet and most importantly 2) The size of the file is too big for an easy portable installer.

High Res Environmental Textures - 3 reason 1) I think most people wouldnt want these especially if they are playing for old school EQ fix 2) The filesize is HUGE its upwards 700MB. 3) Its very very easy to install for anyone that really wants them, simple extract, dont need an installer.
The cartography isn't classic is it? Not that I'm trying to be nitpicky or anything, but maybe the all-in-one installer shouldn't have something non-classic.

Regardless of what you do this is amazing work. p99 has needed something like this for a long time.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cartography isn't classic is it? Not that I'm trying to be nitpicky or anything, but maybe the all-in-one installer shouldn't have something non-classic.
/sigh

ree-ly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

I'm normally pretty fair when it comes to using my code, but at least try to give credit where its due and not pass it off as your own.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm normally pretty fair when it comes to using my code, but at least try to give credit where its due and not pass it off as your own.
The only thing that I didnt write myself were some of the Vert UI elements. And I gave credit there.

For V0.2 I am using a small part of RopeThunder's jojo patch code. And thanks to him and credits for him are already in the pre-release build.

Everything else I wrote by hand, every line of it. Who do you feel should be credited that was not? If I missed something I will surely credit them.

Edit - just realized that you ported VertUI to Project 1999. Instead of crediting the UI as a whole as a basis for my UI, I will edit it to give you credit as well. Since as I understand it not the original creator of the UI, I will leave the thanks to the creator in there as well.

Thanks Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It sure as hell made things a lot easier. Although to be fair I still had to edit almost every XML file to get to the way I had it back in 2003 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chrushev; 03-03-2011 at 04:17 AM..
Old 03-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Version v0.2 is out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Lotsa fixes and new features.

Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Is the helm transparency fix for the classic or for the updated textures?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

both
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Please sticky this.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uterus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please sticky this.
Agreed.

Thanks for all the hard work, Duxa!