Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Ranger Leveling Question

Hey, my Shaman got deleted so while I wait for it to be restored I thought I might try out a ranger.

Level 1 - killed about 10 level 1 skellies qeynos newbie area.
Level 2 - killed about 40 level 1 and level 2 small and bloated crocs and at 50% to level 3...

Broken or normal??
Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Skeleton

Welcome to Rangerhood. Yes, that's normal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Sarnak

lol sweet, thanks. Level 5 is gonna be hell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

There is a 40% XP penality on a Ranger compared to your Shaman. So it is going to take a lot more kills to level it. And on average you can't kill as fast as some classes without the penality. So even slower XP.

That is why I am for getting rid of the stuipd Hybrid Penality to start with. Sony made the mistake when they started it so why continue the same thing here. Like I have said before it maybe classic, but not having any Tanks is not classic either.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a 40% XP penality on a Ranger compared to your Shaman. So it is going to take a lot more kills to level it. And on average you can't kill as fast as some classes without the penality. So even slower XP.

That is why I am for getting rid of the stuipd Hybrid Penality to start with. Sony made the mistake when they started it so why continue the same thing here. Like I have said before it maybe classic, but not having any Tanks is not classic either.
QFT.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default point of view from 31 st level ranger

Leveling wil take forever , but not so much more than other classes with same penalty. ranger, sk, bards, paladins.

Lack of tanks has nothing to do with penalty imho lack of groups 20 to 35 makes us tanks/ hybrids resort to soloing which quickly gets boring. Ranger will have easier time as we can solo relativly well 15 to 30plus <rem to stick to outside areas> but who the heck wants to level 1 60 solo bleh.

sorry sidtracked lack of groups in 20 to 35 range or long wait till you get grp forces players to solo casters have relativly easy time doing this but pure melee and hybrids do not with exception ranger. These lack of groups or long wait till get a group tend to quickly make people move on to differetn classes etc.

my 2 cents
Old 02-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, my Shaman got deleted so while I wait for it to be restored I thought I might try out a ranger.

Level 1 - killed about 10 level 1 skellies qeynos newbie area.
Level 2 - killed about 40 level 1 and level 2 small and bloated crocs and at 50% to level 3...

Broken or normal??
Get into a group ASAP. Then supplement XP with orc belts or gnoll fangs when you are of appropriate level for Blackburrow/Crushbone.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread