Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

This is really sad news. My condolences to Enraptured.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

shit, damn.., I just saw the dude and remembered I always loled at his name, he was cool when I chatted with him and he will be missed.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

My Condolences. Speedbhump was an awesome person to play with (and a badass eq player). He will definitely be missed by myself and many others [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I send out my wishes to his friends and family, I know how tough a time like this can be.

Regards,
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I had the great pleasure of knowning Speed in real life. Brian has been my friend for almost 15 years, and was the reason I ever started playing Everquest in the first place. Brian has enjoyed Everquest since the beta, and was a pioneer with his first character, a halfling druid known as Mhuadib, on the Xegony server. From the first day EQ went live Brian's magnetic personality helped him make friends and excell at the EQ experience he loved so much. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that Project 1999 seem like it was made for people like Speed. Well it was, and how! Brian was the happiest I've seen him in a long while when he spoke of his adventures on this server. He finally conviced me to give it a shot about a month ago, and I'm glad he did. He had so many friends here, and as you can tell by his 20 hour playing sessions, he loved being back in the old days of Everquest life. Brian knew this game inside out back then. He always knew where to go for the best exp, loot, quests, or just to goof off and have a good time. Brian was always looking to amuse himself. Sometimes it may have been viewed as rude or offensive to some, but it was never mean spirited and always in good fun for him. I recall one Easter Sunday that he and another rl friend of ours made human characters name Judus and Jesus and went into East Commons and dueled each other. EC was a trade hub at the time, so of course there were tons of people there that all witnessed a server message every 5 minutes that read "Judus has defeated Jesus in a duel to the death!" or vise versa. Sure, not everyone laughed, but Brian thought it was funny, and perhaps you would have to know Brian to know that he would do a lot of things just for the shock value of doing it. That is also how Brian approached life, just looking for the next good time. Brian was a great person in real life too. Just as he was always helping me in EQ, he was there for me in real life too. We have laughed together countless times, and cried together a few as well. Brian was extremely intelligent, caring, insightful and one of the most genuinely unique people I have ever known. Brian was my friend, a very close friend for a long time. I love him. I miss him. I am a better person for knowing him. God speed my friend, I look forward to the day we meet again.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I also want to thank the creators of this fine server for all their detication and hard work that has revived the Everquest of yesteryear. I cannot express the joy your labor has brought Brian over his last few months. Also the citizens of the server, Brian considered you his friends as much as any rl friend. You all helped him enjoy his time here, and I could never thank you enough for that. All I ask is the next time you get a chance, propose a toast to ole Speedbhump Soupcan, that would make him smile.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Aviak

Fuck, I miss you Speed.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

RIP speed (Brian)...had a couple of really special groups with you. Will miss u bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

His family (RL and Enraptured) is in my thoughts.
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Thoughts and prayers with his family during their time of grief. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

My condolences to all his friends and family.
May you rest in peace
Closed Thread