Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thread is at a dead end really... I think the point has been made that its too far down the road (not to mention more work for the volunteers) to ban account selling.
No, the final point here is that the devs are working on banning account sales.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many studies use a sample size of 500-1000 people (or even less than that) to come to a scientific or psychological conclusion that then end up in university text books and officially recognized scholarly journals that are then peer reviewed. In a world population of several billion.

What is your point?
The complaint isn't against sampling size, it's against sampling bias. Real studies attempt to control for the bias and find ways to approach a random sampling of the population, which is why they can draw conclusions from a relatively small sample size. They don't use forum polls.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

terrible idea, would end up with a lower population

plenty of people get tired of their 60 whatever and want to play another class, so they can sell/trade for a more desirable class to play.

without account trading/selling a lot of people would simply stop playing because not everyone has the time/energy to re-lvl a completely new class to 60.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been here since jan 2010, after leveling 4 chars forgive me if I dont feel like sitting around lfg for hours to get into a pug that MIGHT last long enuogh to get some experience.

The only issue I have is if the Gm's start defining what people can and cant do with their time invested and money gained why even bother...

for the people to p99 im sure it looks horrible etc etc, but for people ( like me) that have been here for years its nothing...

Don't like account sales, you are playing the wrong MMO.
Spoken like a true corporate lobbyist.

We should all just stop circle-jerking. Nothing will ever change.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know Faerie but its not going to take away the multiple TMO alts camped in various locations. The only people its going to hurt is someone who wants to do a trade-in.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many studies use a sample size of 500-1000 people (or even less than that) to come to a scientific or psychological conclusion that then end up in university text books and officially recognized scholarly journals that are then peer reviewed. In a world population of several billion.

What is your point?
And yes, to design a proper survey to represent said population you described, you mainly need to:
1. select the right sample
2. control bias

In this case:
1. you need to select the right sample - a RANDOM sample. This poll does not contain a random sample, yet the sample consists of those who (#2) have a bias. Therefore...
2. there is no way to control the bias on this particular poll - in fact, the ones who have a strong bias are the ones who answer the poll and a good portion of them don't even play this game, so their vote doesn't even matter.

That's my point, you fool of a took, that this poll represents 5% of the total playing population. Before you like to throw in some random 'fact' you found on the internet, do your research before you post because it's just making you look uneducated.
Last edited by Gel Mibson; 04-30-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes, to design a proper survey to represent said population you described, you mainly need to:
1. select the right sample
2. control bias

In this case:
1. you need to select the right sample - a RANDOM sample. This poll does not contain a random sample, yet the sample consists of those who (#2) have a bias. Therefore...
2. there is no way to control the bias on this particular poll - in fact, the ones who have a strong bias are the ones who answer the poll and a good portion of them don't even play this game, so their vote doesn't even matter.

That's my point, you fool of a took, that this poll represents 5% of the total playing population. Before you like to throw in some random 'fact' you found on the internet, do your research before you post because it's just making you look uneducated.
What research do you have that backs up your statement about a good portion of the voters not even playing the game? Please cite source.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

To those that say we'd end up with a lower population...so what.

It's probably the same 100 people at the top selling accounts back and forth anyway.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say account sales and shoring up server integrity are priority one ahead of velious.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
life is about enjoying our guilty pleasures! be proud!
Such wisdom on the emulator forums. Searching for the meaning of life? Search no further!

As an objective observer, you seem very determined to keep account trading / selling as an option.

We've all seen the bard swarm. You don't have to search for those difficult to find boring groups.

Since I don't buy into your reasoning, I have to wonder why you are so determined
Closed Thread