Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaksimMazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vote for TMO being Soviet Era Russia
Soviets russians got to vote?

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

In America we get to vote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA is the moon

Circling around a lot of bullshit and making chicks go wild
Have my babies.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanastorm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong wrong wrong. TMO was the exact reason for the poor raid scene on P99 and they were the direct result of all the major issues today. As stated by the staff, "It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content."

That said I find it hard to believe a Taken member would look so kindly toward TMO, when you guys got shit on many times by TMO and IB/FE for that matter because IB/FE were all being dicks indirectly because of TMO shenanigans.

TMO monopolizes raid content end of story. You can't defend that or them. If you do then I feel bad for you as a member of Taken guild.

I'm not 'looking so kindly toward TMO' per se... I am merely being realistic about the fact that the Raid scene on P99 was a cut-throat, winner-take-all-and-fuck-everyone-else scenario long before TMO became top-dog..

I can understand why they would see no reason to be the ones to change that.. Is it selfish? Does it suck? Does it screw up the server?.... Yes... But that's the way it's always been... and not just here... It is the prevailing attitude in any number of MMO's where that kinda behavior is tolerated.

As long as we're making historical references here.. consider this...

Throughout history, whoever had the most powerful military took over everything they could, without pause or remorse. The Romans, Britain, Spain, France, Russia, the Dutch.. etc subjugated basically the entire world at one point or another... and if any one of them could have taken it ALL.. they would have.. it was understood that this was just the way of things. There was no shame in it.. There was no such thing as a fair-shake for anyone. If you weren't doing it to others.... Others would be doing it to you..

But times changed.. and we evolved as a human culture (though some would argue this point).. to the extent that this kind of behavior isn't tolerated anymore....

You can't fault those nations for attempting to succeed in the atmosphere they found themselves born into... change came hard... and slow... but it did come..

This is where I see us now.. on the verge of change.. at least I hope we are.

Lady Astor: Sir.. If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee!

Winston Churchill: Nancy... If you were my wife... I would drink it.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshozal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not somebody who was here on day one, but you are just adorable.
Not everyone plays the ForumQuest, get a clue.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Not to derail a delightful thread about European politics, but so far the raid agreement has worked well. A few key things that stand out in my mind were:

Guilds in VP alerting each other when kiting see invis mobs / moving their raids

Guilds communicating during the server repop

Allowing the first guild there to finish their engage in a reasonable time before showing up

A generally friendly global chat with many congratulatory remarks on downed bosses
Old 12-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

I'm glad everyone was holding hands and kissing
Old 12-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO didn't really get nuked, they got wounded and Zeelot definitely committed suicide with his post the other day. Definitely Nazi Germany.

IB, however, got dealt a blow by the staff big enough to make them move to another plane of existence. Nuked, son... nuked.
2 week raid suspension, 86 accounts at least temporarily banned, looks like most of the trackers are gone forever, I think that qualifies as a nuke here.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 week raid suspension, 86 accounts at least temporarily banned, looks like most of the trackers are gone forever, I think that qualifies as a nuke here.
Eh, sounds much worse than it was.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Sarnak

86 accounts temporarily banned, out of what 700? Lol. Anyways we are working on making changes so we can compete without people being such sad pandas. Expect major announcements in the near future.