Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default Requesting Clarification on RF Turn-in Timer Ruling

I was told today that it is no longer 20 minutes for the human and then 20 minutes for the dragon, instead its 20 minutes for both human and dragon.

Is this true?

Also, if a group has engaged by the 20 min point but not killed, does it become FFA at that moment or once and if they wipe?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, if a group has engaged by the 20 min point but not killed, does it become FFA at that moment or once and if they wipe?
This one is easy: if the group engaged the mob by the 20 minute mark, that mob is theirs by every rule of the server until they die. (Unless they are kiting it around or something similar, to intentionally disrupt the natural order of killing it.)
Last edited by Slave; 01-10-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

Hmm norden I always thought it was 20 mins from turn in.. letting you prep while having the human form kinda snared and running? thats what i've always done. i dont think its 20 mins for both... seems kinda odd you'd get 40 mins of prep time. if i was there and someone was stalling 40 mins i'd get upset..

wiping tho.. think its like wiping on any other mob creating a FFA after the party has wiped.

please correct me if i'm wrong. thats my understanding.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

either way, if you engage before the time is up, its not FFA, only once u wipe/disengage. so long as you aren't kiting. FTE rules would still apply

I heard 30min total from someone, but who knows. By the book it should be 20 each, but would need a gm to clarify.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was told today that it is no longer 20 minutes for the human and then 20 minutes for the dragon, instead its 20 minutes for both human and dragon.
20 min for the human, then another 20 for the dragon as they are independent NPCs. You do not have to kill the mob within the 20 minutes, but you must have engaged the mob within 20 minutes.

Quote:
You get 1 attempt, and you must engage before the 20 minutes are up. If you initially engaged before the 20 minutes expired, but have not killed it after the 20 minutes are up, the kill is still yours as long as you are still making progress on the mob and not "stalling" in the eyes of GMs.

Applicable raid rules posted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Q: What rules pertain to raid mobs that are triggered spawns?
A: If a raid mob is triggered to spawn by killing a single mob before it (Example: Statue -> Idol -> Avatar of War), the guild that spawned the mob has 20 minutes to engage it. The mob is open to any other guild on a first to engage basis once the first guild has either wiped or not engaged within the time limit.
This means that the dragon and human are on seperate 20 minute timers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Q: What about raid mobs that are spawned by a combination of other mobs?
A: In the case of a raid mob that is spawned by clearing an area (Example: Azarack Island in Plane of Sky), the guild that did the clearing has the same consideration as above; That is, 20 Minutes to engage and 1 attempt. In the case of multiple guilds contributing significantly to the spawn of the mob, the mob is first to engage by any of those guilds.
Just a reminder: If the first guild fails to kill the mob on their first attempt or fails to engage within 20 minutes of the mob's spawntime, the mob's ownership is determind based on the first guild to engage at that point.
This outlines that you get 1 attempt or 20 minutes, whichever occurs first.
Quote:
Q: What about a raid mob being indefinitely kited or occupied?
A: It is against server policy to indefinitely kite, or otherwise keep occupied, a raid mob without intention of bringing it to your raid camp. You either bring it to your raid, die, or zone out. Obvious stall-kiting of a raid mob, especially in situations to prevent engagement by another guild, will result in disciplinary actions against the kiter's account, and possibly their raid/guild leadership.
This spells out the GMs stance on "stalling", either through kiting or indefinite tanking. Note that GMs are fairly lenient on indefinite tanking for VS, but tend to take firmer stance on kiting.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Always thought it was 20mins total.

1st turn in = 20mins to have dragon dead.

Otherwise, why not just tell people they have 40mins... trying to double the time is just to stall imo.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always thought it was 20mins total.

1st turn in = 20mins to have dragon dead.

Otherwise, why not just tell people they have 40mins... trying to double the time is just to stall imo.
this^

butttttt

Lets sit and stare at ragefire for 20 more mins just for good measure=-P

clarification would rock but im not changing my 20min from turn in till GM says something
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

falkun has this correct.

20 minutes to engage the human after turn-in, then 20 minutes to engage the dragon after he dies. Engage, not kill.

As long as you are making progress on the mob, and not kiting him around, it's fair game. I've watched people trio this encounter. It takes a while, but it's completely legit.

Edit: On a side note, if you suspect someone of stall kiting, or stall tanking, petition. If you kill their mob, or take matters into your own hands in some other way, you'll be suspended for raid interference. Let us police raid mobs, please.
Last edited by Ephi; 01-10-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

So if a monk turns in the pearl and FDs for 20 minutes, the mob is FFA? Not making progress on the mob and not kiting it around or stall tanking.

Or would you still have 20 minutes?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
falkun has this correct.

20 minutes to engage the human after turn-in, then 20 minutes to engage the dragon after he dies. Engage, not kill.

As long as you are making progress on the mob, and not kiting him around, it's fair game. I've watched people trio this encounter. It takes a while, but it's completely legit.

Edit: On a side note, if you suspect someone of stall kiting, or stall tanking, petition. If you kill their mob, or take matters into your own hands in some other way, you'll be suspended for raid interference. Let us police raid mobs, please.
so, it is 40 mins to engage the raid target then.

that's kinda silly.
Closed Thread