Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Idk I think the devs dropped the ball big fuckin time here and the players are suffering from massive amounts of bull shit unwarranted deaths. They need to get some work in and fix this garbage. Should have been fixed last week. Quite possibly the worst and most unneeded patch that I can remember in 4+ yrs.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

The thing is that root checks per tic was proportionate to the spell level and level of casting PC vs level of NPC. I don't think that PC level vs NPC level works on p99 in regards to resists; so really the only way to handle it, is a percent chance to break per tic. This sucks as a green has the same chance to break as a dark blue but I don't know if there are other options.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This resist change has been so aggravating I had to create a forum account. Needs to be changed back or massively tweaked asap. No change should ever go from not classic but manageable to not classic but significantly worse for every caster in the game. It's not just roots. Spells that should never be resisted are being resisted by level 1's. I understand the need to try and fix it from the way it was before, but this patch was a massive pendulum swing to the other extreme.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Large Rat

Resists seem a bit messed up now... theft of thought has a neg 1000 magic mod and has been resisting on green con's since last patch.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

I heard this will be fixed post velious. ;-)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Kobold

I don't know about root breaking, but Snare is resisting far more than it ever did in classic. Since the change I am getting 2-3 resists on Snare on blues (and not high blues at that) fairly regularly. In live-classic getting 2-3 resists on a blue was by far the exception and usually took no more than 1-2 casts to land it.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

EQ was created from a DnD campaign.

In DND, there is a 5% chance for anything to happen - success when failure is guaranteed, and failure when success is guaranteed.

You can see this most easily with tradeskills - a 250 JC can fail a lvl 17 combine - and will, 5% of the time. Additionally, a lvl 17 JC can succeed on a 250 combine - 5% of the time.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new checks are factoring this in. If you have a 2 minute root there's 20 checks for failure - if each are at least given a 5% chance to break, there's a ~65% chance it will break early. If there are other mitigating factors, it's almost guaranteed to break early (even at just 8% per tick it goes up to 81% to break early)
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't surprise me if the new checks are factoring this in. If you have a 2 minute root there's 20 checks for failure - if each are at least given a 5% chance to break, there's a ~65% chance it will break early. If there are other mitigating factors, it's almost guaranteed to break early (even at just 8% per tick it goes up to 81% to break early)
That sounds like some Hillbilly math. A 65% chance would be crazy stuff. There would not be a Caster playing on the whole damn server. We would all slit our wrists. I know there are checks, but lots of resists to level 1 mobs as a level 60 is bull shit. They screwed up and lets not sugarcoat it. Not everyone one here has a total mind block on how the game was years ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2014, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds like some Hillbilly math. A 65% chance would be crazy stuff. There would not be a Caster playing on the whole damn server. We would all slit our wrists. I know there are checks, but lots of resists to level 1 mobs as a level 60 is bull shit. They screwed up and lets not sugarcoat it. Not everyone one here has a total mind block on how the game was years ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If every check there is a 5% chance to break, and there is 20 checks to break in 2 minutes, then the chances of it breaking early is 100 - the chances of it never breaking, or .95^20, or 100-35.8485922, or 64.151%.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Last edited by August; 07-09-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

What is the point of being a caster if you are repeatedly being resisted by green cons
Closed Thread