Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Large Bat

Default P1999 pet xp today, experiences

Im i interested on reading peoples experiences with the new pet xp system. The p1999 wiki pet guide was updated to say if your pet does 50% it grabs 75% xp.

As far As I Can read from these notes thats not exactly correct :
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960

Before making updates, i World Line to har other Peoples view.

My experiences say that if a mage or enchanter pet or charmen mob does more than 50% dmg and is alive when mob dies, it grabs 50% xp.
But in a 2-person group this seems not to be the case - we get what seems to be full xp when in group.
Anyone else ?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Aviak

Jun 10th, 2002
Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Large Bat

Yes, june 10 2002 the new pet xp rules were i introduced on live, but these also contain a reference to the old rules.
"How is this different than the old way for non-Dire Charmed pets? In the old scheme, if a pet did more than half of the damage to a monster, it took half the experience reward. "

It doesnt mention any specifics though, such what about grouping? Grouping with more than 1 pet?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pet XP

I am not sure how it is working but my 18 Mage is on hold for now. Big difference to me on XP now on it. Back to my Monk. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Need pet aggro fix, not really fair imo.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need pet aggro fix, not really fair imo.
This is a really good point. It's tough to deal with classic pet xp without classic pet aggro (at higher levels w/ pets it's less noticeable, but still significant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad this nerf went in before server release, I hope we see less mages and necros griefing newbies.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Large Bat

You say its unfair, but what exactly is the pet xp rules atm ?

I Think that you get normal xp when you group no matter hos much dmg your pet does, but would like some other opinions and experiences. Did everybody just drop playing pet casters ?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Sarnak

Server went from 98% mages to 95%. Confirmed.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Situation 1 - You are soloing and you have a summoned pet or a charmed pet (not including Dire Charm)- * If you do any damage to the monster at all, you get all of the experience. * If you don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience.
Situation 2 - You are in a group and you have a summoned pet or a charmed pet (not including Dire Charm)- * If you or your group do any damage to the monster at all, your group gets all of the experience. * If you or your group don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience.
Situation 3 - You are soloing and you have a Dire Charmed pet- * If you do half of the damage to the monster or more, you get all of the experience. * If you do less than half of the damage to the monster, the pet gets between 25% and 50% of the experience, depending on how much damage it did. * If you don't do any damage to the monster, the pet gets 75% of the experience.
This doesn't affect mages and necros like everyone is whining about...do one point of dmg, get full credit for you and your group.

What it does effect is the Dire Charmed pets...where you or your group MUST do >50% to get all of the experience, but it scales for the rest if you don't do 50%, and a flat 25% to you if the pets does all the damage. Dire charm is the whole reason this tweak came in, and I don't think we will ever get AA's to get Dire Charm..

Not Classic, but whatever, doesn't help or hurt anything.
Closed Thread