Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Orc

Default Titanium vs. SoF

It's me again and I wanted to know if there is presently a significant difference between using Titanium or SoF. It seems SoF is more easily acquired and is much less expensive. However if SoF means I don't get access to all the zones of there are bugs etc. then I'll keep up the hunt for a reasonably priced copy of Titanium. I'm definitely coming to P-1999. It's just a matter of when.....I'm getting close now.

So whatcha think? Hold out a little while longer for Titanium? Or go with SoF and hopefully not regret it?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Kobold

you know you can get Titanium for free right? I think its even listed in the setup forums.. nay how good luck.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Orc

I saw a P1999 guide that suggested the use of Titanium over SoF but it was a year old and I thought maybe SoF might be good now. I hesitate to do a free download for fear of viruses, spy-ware or SOE coming to get me in the middle of the night. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw a P1999 guide that suggested the use of Titanium over SoF but it was a year old and I thought maybe SoF might be good now. I hesitate to do a free download for fear of viruses, spy-ware or SOE coming to get me in the middle of the night. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOF is not officially supported. It does work, but has a ton of bugs. Everyone here will recommend getting Titanium. As Strides mentioned, there are ways of getting Titanium, but they cant be discussed here.

As far as setting it up to play goes, check out the link in my signature, the all in one installer will let you set it up in a few clicks. No need to manually move/copy/delete anything.