Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Banned

As far as the problems with consumables

Golem wands gave people something to farm for an advantage at a camp usually decided by pvp.

Dispels here are incorrect. One golem wand should remove like 3 buffs that come in with 9 counters instead of 16 like they all had 4 magic counters.

I'd really like to see a possible return of the old golem wand for this. Same thing with hoops if you want to farm those all day.

We're making changes to items that aren't classic which is bad. If players have nothing to do but farm those items, I blame a lack of Velious and not the items themselves.

Trakanon tooth was eventually nerfed. I never got one during live (notice my lack of VP changes posts) but I don't think it was ever proved you had to proc the 1 charge instead of just being able to click it? There were a few items I believe where you had to melee proc them to get them to expend their charges. At first, when ToV weapons went in they would proc and say the item is out of charges because they were incorrectly flagged this way. I believe a patch note somewhere reflects that.

Custom changes are horrible and usually made at the request of people who come from the Quake with elf swords servers who are strangely afraid of item loot.

T staffs were FIXED not nerfed. It wasn't 18 seconds every single proc on live as I survived some procs during my time.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All melee's are extremely broken on this server, my shaman on live used to take shots, here with 900 AC i get my life torn through like I'm wearing cloth. Melee's seem to disregard AC altogether, have huge hit boxes, and never seem to miss.

Caster's still fizzle, melee's should still miss. Warrior's shouldn't be doing the kind of dmg they are, they are tank class not a burst dps class. Giving them the highest dmg(besides rogue) and highest HP's is really out of wack.

On live I would heal in warriors faces and back up against a wall and torpor and cholorplast through all of a rogues dps while they tore themselves up on my dmg shields and dots ate them up. And I'm not talking gimps I'm talking against people with some of the best gear in velious era. Here I'm dead in seconds.
Wait so a monk / rogue is a tank class not a burst dps class ?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait so a monk / rogue is a tank class not a burst dps class ?
Never said anything about monks, never said a rogue was a tank. I can tell you on live rogues were the highest melee burst damage class. But that didn't equal backstab hitting for full every time, never missing, and destroying plate and chain classes hp pools like they had no AC. Rogues also weren't able to backstab from a side position and backing up to wall was a guarantee you weren't getting backstabed. Same goes for a monk, one tstaff proc plus Inner flame didn't equal a kill on high AC high HP classes unless they had friends helping.

Rogues on live had to be very wary of dmg shields and strip them or else they would kill themselves on a strong dmg shield. Especially against someone smart enough to keep his front to a rogue. All melee's are doing WAY to much dmg with hit boxes way too big. But nothing I'm saying is a secret anyone who pvp'd during this era should know this.
Last edited by Burgerking; 11-03-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Old 11-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 10.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quoting to cheer people up.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 10.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree 100% with what has been said here.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I don't typically nit pick at chicks on the internet but this girl's face is busted. Nice boobs though.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't typically nit pick at chicks on the internet but this girl's face is busted. Nice boobs though.
And with hips like those, you'll probably only get 4-5 kids out of her.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 11-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And with hips like those, you'll probably only get 4-5 kids out of her.
Kids, gross.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgerking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All melee's are extremely broken on this server, my shaman on live used to take shots, here with 900 AC i get my life torn through like I'm wearing cloth. Melee's seem to disregard AC altogether, have huge hit boxes, and never seem to miss.

Caster's still fizzle, melee's should still miss. Warrior's shouldn't be doing the kind of dmg they are, they are tank class not a burst dps class. Giving them the highest dmg(besides rogue) and highest HP's is really out of wack.

On live I would heal in warriors faces and back up against a wall and torpor and cholorplast through all of a rogues dps while they tore themselves up on my dmg shields and dots ate them up. And I'm not talking gimps I'm talking against people with some of the best gear in velious era. Here I'm dead in seconds.
eq emu melee is broken , on many levels. best to accept it as no one has any real coding talent here.
Closed Thread