Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Kobold

Default Hatchlings in NToV charmable?

I don't remember people charming the hatchlings in classic but I do know that they were dire charmable later on. Right now dictate is resisted. So should they be charmable or not?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yes. They were charmable.

Dire charm was simply a -1000 mod charm. The mobs that were flagged as charm immune were not able to be dire charmed either. This means that the NPC was not specifically flagged as charm-immune. The fact that magic stuff lands on them also means that they are also not flagged as magic immune.

Combining these 2 observations
1) the hatchlings were not specifically flagged non-charm (evidenced by dire charm).
2) the hatchlings were not resistant to MR (evidenced by the ability to root/slow/etc).

Logically yields that the hatchlings were charmable via normal means even if it was not something commonly done prior to SoL.

I spoke with Alunova about this on Saturday.

Edit: http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=936

Is the thread I was trying to dig up. Talks about using DC on hatchlings and CoD (PoP charm) in ToV. There were mobs that it landed on while others were specifically flagged as immune. So, even HoT Wurms were charmable when enchanters got a higher level-cap Charm.
Last edited by pasi; 07-21-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Developer

The main thing I'm concerned about here is using slime mist proc from hatchlings as a disease based slow. Once I find a way around this I'll remove the flags and adjust them slightly.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the concern about the diseased based slow being used as a tactic? or is the concern that in velious era that there shouldn't be disease based slows? What era were shaman slows diseased based and enchanter slows were magic based?
Being used as a tactic.

Disease slows for players were released in Luclin I believe.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

I'm confused here.

Which Hatchlings are you guys talking about?

The ones between Eashan and Aaryonar or the ones in the rooms around Ikitiar?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

As I mentioned on Saturday, the DR based slow available to hatchling shouldn't often land on a 25 level difference mob (Vyemm). Rogues can still slow Vyemm as well via PR.

And Treats - both wyverns and drakes. Wyverns are rogues. Green drakes are rogues.

Also, Alunova is a p cool guy.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Alunova is a p cool guy.
Indeed. Also bumping this for the sake of Enchanters not being total buffbot whores in ToV. I don't know if the hatchlings are all flagged immune to charm or they are just L55. It also feels like they have really low ATK for L55 mobs somehow.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe late in development to bring this up but doesn't all this hatchlings appear only in Luclin era instead of Velious era?

Everything listed in this post http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=936 is in year 2003. That is already POP era which is released on 21 Oct 2002.

On the contrary, if you look at old patch notes and wayback machine you will notice the below:

December 18 2001 Patch Notes

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011218.html

Notice the last section says

In the next patch, we are making a few changes to the monster population in Temple of Veeshan. Places that were previously safe to camp, may not be any longer. Please be sure to not camp deep within the Temple of Veeshan on Wednesday night, or you may be unpleasantly surprised following the patch.

This does imply that there are more mobs added to TOV because safe spots may no longer be safe. And then if you look at the patch notes of 28 Dec 2001, you will see this

December 28 2001 Patch Notes

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011228.html

Some spots in ToV no longer safe to camp out due to New Drakes and Wurm spawns being added.

All this is after Luclin release which happened on 4 Dec 2001.

Also, allakhazam keeps a pretty accurate database of things. Which is why alot of us go to that site when we played EQ live.

Notice in all the images captured since velious release of the monsters listing, hatchlings are not among them. The last image captured prior to Luclin release ( where TOV is all but beaten by many guilds and tried/explored by alot other more guilds trying to beat the content ) the hatchlings still arent there

http://web.archive.org/web/200112111...shtml?zone=116

In fact after luclin release in Dec 2001, the first 5 images that was captured of the allakhazam site by the wayback machine still do not have the hatchlings. It was way until July 2002 before Allakhazam has an updated new monsters list of TOV. It does not make any sense for Allakhazam not to update the monsters listing of an expansion for a year if they do update other trash mobs of the entire expansion. And neither does it make sense for players not to report the monsters to Allakhazam for a whole long year.

Thus , it is very logical to come to the conclusion that all the hatchlings do not exist in Scars of Velious expansion and are only added during Luclin era.
Last edited by Decad; 10-30-2014 at 03:31 AM..
Old 10-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

NToV hatchlings are classic (and rich!) April 29, 2001 EQ Clerics post:

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2926
Quote:
I have been doing only raids, no general groups, for two months solid. Veeshan's Peak, Temple of Veeshan west and north wings, Velketor, Klandicar/Zlandicar, Fear, etc. Not a single group night in two months.

Zero sellable loot on these raids. Negligable cash drops (the drake hatchlings in ToV North drop around 20pp each, richest of the mobs). Run through about 300 peridots a week, maybe 60 emeralds.
Closed Thread