Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main problem with Kunark competition is 32k hp mobs. With a significant raid force that are being attentive any mob can just be dps'd down before the mob can kill you. Although, sometimes Hoshkar can be a bitch if he is warping a bit and aoeing all crazy.

In velious the capability of wiping is greatly increased so the competition even if they are slow to arrive will have a greater chance of getting a shot on a baddie. You can not just run into dozekar and engage him instantly. You can't poopsock on his spawn, etc. Planning and preparation will be key as well as proper execution of tank switches/ch chains for the velious battles.
Can't be that different from most expansions on release and then after the guild has equiped themselves up which always trivialises (relatively ofcourse) those same encounters. Much like goin into kunark with none of it's loot when that came out (I don't know, I didn't start raiding until the end of velious when my guild already had most of the loot but I'd be suprised if the same didn't apply )

Is there any concern within TMO that once Velious does materlialise so many people may return that the numbers become unmanageable and beyond zerg? That could be problematic ?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you've confused yourself. while some of the things you listed can apply to one member doing their own thing in the past (mem bluring), other things apply to the whole guild. FE has never had a GM in the guild, and as a guild we do not support inviting known cheaters. etc.

if your point was that members of FE have been in other guilds in the past and during their tenure in those guild(s) that guild has done one of these things, then it most certainly applies to tmo as well, since you have members who used to be in those same guilds, which disproves your entire point of saying "Some stuff we haven't done"

try again
You will notice we haven't invited those members which were involved in those very shady practices. Some of those points were for individual members and some were on guild practices. I suppose I could repost more clearly the divisions if its necessary. Most of the especially shitty VD people who condoned memblur exploiting, and Bischbrotos actions have went to FE. The guild does not inherent their actions just the fact that they would invite such members.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Last edited by Alarti0001; 01-11-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned

TMO has on avg around 55 raiders as things stand, So lets say that number doubles for velious. so we are talking 110 or so people, In the hay day of DA/TMO sky runs it want uncommon to avg around 100 people. So there is experience with those kind of numbers there but yes there is the inherent idiot factor that must always be contended with forces of that size. But as long as people do their jobs and listen I think the zerglings will be fine =D
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you see the movie Gladiator? Remember at the end, when Maximus is stabbed before the fight with Commodus? Do you think that's competition? That's what you're proposing once again, just as someone from your shitty guild does over and over and over. Here's a hint: getting crippled so that a bunch of unleveled characters played by drooling morons can get some of the kills is not very appealing for the top guild.

Here's my proposal for making BDA competitive: dump your entire officer group and pull team and get someone with a clue.

As a special bonus, here's a hint for future negotiations: you have to actually offer something that appeals to the other side in some way rather than coming up with something that benefits only yourself.

P.S. Maximus still killed Commodus.
Big bad forum warrior, butt hurt over a cloak, personal crusade against bda, actually leveled a Druid past 39 and calls other people bad and bad mouths my guild. What have you done of note in game? Do you even play or just troll the p99 boards?

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Questions.

How are guilds supposed to police their players and stop them from stashing any number of alts at raiding camps ahead of time?

How do you police another guild's players?

Punishment for violating this?

Think this is going to be hard to check, as the only people that would find out are other people that are stashing characters in places no one is supposed to be stashed... lol
This, plus I gotta say I disagree with thread idea. Sounds like a bunch of rules and details that will only be followed by some. Stuff doesn't need to be micromanaged it's a game.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Orc

How about 1 lottery mob per week? That's all i got [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Every time I see "Do you even play" it reminds me of the "Do you even lift" thing.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

not really sure what to say! rules wont be followed till all are willing to follow.... so prolly a no go=-/
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not really sure what to say! rules wont be followed till all are willing to follow.... so prolly a no go=-/
Indeed Kotton. I knew this would most likely end up this way, but I thought players were tired of camping on poop mountain in sebilis a whole year and would eventually say enough and agree to not pre camp.

From all the posts I got in this thread I will draw the following conclusions :

- Some guilds would like to get a bit more information on when Nilbog's raiding changes proposal will come live.
- Most people think that an agreement has to be broken
- The lack of official stance from TMO and the abundance of Alarti's and Jeremy's posts saying that giving more time for other guilds to mobilize is not increasing competition but weakening TMO tells me that they are completely fine with the current raiding scene and have no intent to change anything.

People can keep trying to lure the server about competition, in the end, it's the loot which matters.

I tried to get something done and come to a mutual agreement without any success. If you ever want to try and change things in a near future, the door is still open.
But for now, let's continue the way things are !
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread