Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bregan Basterds
Bastards D'Aerth is obviously what it would be called IDIOT

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people can kill him in beta with under 100 people, he isn't even close to being correct. It took an entire expansion to farm tov just to be geared enough for it.

Can take your pick on any of these or all.

A) Pet tanking doesn't work here
B) Lack of Flurries from AoW
C) Weapon damage from end of velious vs end of Kunark.
D) HPs and AC( right Loraen?) from items much lower on Kunark vs Velious end game items.
It took a certain amount of hp's on tanks to kill him, not people. I spent that expansion leading raids. Right now very well geared tanks are about what you would expect minimally to kill him, maybe a few hundred less, but, you expect people to play better in this age. I fully expect TMO to kill him, in his correct iteration.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Developer

I think the best attempt so far has been 90% with 50+, and they started wiping by 91%. This is basically 1 tank with defensive up without any transitions, which is one of the more difficult factors of the fight.

Still a long way to go to kill AoW ;P
Old 06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best attempt so far has been 90% with 50+, and they started wiping by 91%. This is basically 1 tank with defensive up without any transitions, which is one of the more difficult factors of the fight.

Still a long way to go to kill AoW ;P
Props to the people testing beta. I'm sure it helps expediate the release.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Banned

AoW was not killed straight up (without use of charmed giant tank) until right at Luclin release. So 1 year from Velious drop is the classic benchmark to beat.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

The sexual tension between TMO and IB is too high, I'm afraid. Just last week, Franswa was sending me pictures of him rock climbing in underwear (???). When will this sexual harassment in the workplace stop.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Emsee is full of shit. Before the raid tool was used guilds in velious would toss 70 toons plus at these mobs. This 50 shit number is what people who were playing during scaled content using instances. Before pop, guilds used sheer numbers and the famous battle Rezs to win fights. Eq was and always be about the numbers you have.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Wolfram Alpha tells me that it will take approximately 80 pixel hungry neckbeards to down AoW.

I wouldn't discredit MC, personally I don't remember. But I do know he was original Blades of Wrath, so he may be somewhat credible.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Counterargument: server stability. It's much easier to maintain a reliable ch chain here than it was on live. If you can intentionally throw in some 4-5 sec lag spikes every 30 seconds or so, then it will be classic AoW.
this is primary reason why p99 is not classic, imo. the lag monster was the constant random spawn of every damn raid, every damn night.

AoW will be killed within a half hour of spawning on p99. Chanters might even chain dictate frozen jesus on the kill just for old time's sake, eh?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emsee is full of shit. Before the raid tool was used guilds in velious would toss 70 toons plus at these mobs. This 50 shit number is what people who were playing during scaled content using instances. Before pop, guilds used sheer numbers and the famous battle Rezs to win fights. Eq was and always be about the numbers you have.

Even during PoP, I remember some PoW raids maxxed out at 72 simply because that's all the raid window allowed.