Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely disagree with this. Let me rephrase my previous comments. Wow is not skill driven it is gear driven nothing more. The best possible rotation is known to everyone it is posted everywhere, They only difference between me and another of the same class is say my Ilvl in wow is 560 and another player is 575 unless he is just completely awful at the game(which he wouldn't be at that level of play) there is absolutely no way i will out dps/heal/tank them. There is no skill involved at all. He will be better then me and i can't do anything about it.

The raids in WOW are a joke. The grouping in wow is a joke it is all a zerg fest. All it is is don't stand in shit. There is no CC they removed pretty much all of it. The only need for CC in the entire last wow expansion was Going from Paragon to Garrosh. just one instance in an entire expansion that required people to work as a team to keep from dieing. There is no heal rotations trying to time it out it is just spam heal and keep people topped off. You don't have to worry about going OOM because the Regen is just stupid. There is no pulling and setting up potions it is just run and and kill everything.

EQ is skill and knowledge driven. Lets just look at monks, bards, and Enc in EQ. The difference between a good one and a bad one is huge regardless of gear. A naked skilled bard monk or enc can outplay anyone no matter the difference in gear. Playing a bard and playing it well is harder then anything wow has to offer. A good monk puller is the difference between a constant steady stream of xp or instant death for everyone. Same with a good enc you can get a ton of mobs and still be fine. But one person doesn't assist right and you can again kill the whole group unless that enc can react and adjust to the broken mezz. Wow doesn't have any of that. All you have to do is run 50 feet away and everything will stop chasing you.

I will say it again wow is hands down the easiest MMO i have ever played.
This is 100% bull shit. You just called WoW a Zerg fest? You have obviously never played EQ. Like someone else has pointed out, and myself has also, there is certain aspects in EQ that could be assumed harder, but it is mostly revolved around leveling, that is it (your examples are even revolved around lvling, and playing a bard you still aren't pushing a many buttons as jobs in wow). If you try to just "Zerg" content in WoW (which you can't since content is limited at 25 people, which in itself proves you don't know what you are saying), you fail. The overall skill level though of WoW is much higher, all aspects taken in, to actually do the content that is rewarding.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Just because WoW has gear checks built into a lot (or even all) of its encounters hardly means that player knowledge/skill isn't a big factor as well. There are plenty of old encounters (not even just raid encounters either) that can wipe a player/group/raid in MoP gear if they don't know the mechanics before the attempt.

Besides, EQ isn't even close to being ALL about player knowledge/skill either: good luck XPing in HS south with a group of level 50s, or killing Hoshkar a raid of level 50s wearing cloth (short of a huge, huge zerg).
Old 08-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

To all the people saying WoW is easy, which it is for serious veteran MMO players, go arrange a Flex SoO 4 group with OQ right now with an ilevel requirement of 545 then come back to me. The problem doesn't lie in your skill, it involves the people around you; their skill. If WoW was filled with 6 million competent players, it would be considered an easy game.

Also, Salimon, you've obviously never PvP'd in WoW, judging from your comments. Which by the way is entirely skill based, given the 550 ilevel cap in arenas.
Last edited by a_gnoll_pup; 08-13-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by psway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never once have thought in wow." First were gonna pacify those two mobs and root pull the others. I will then continue to root mobs as we back up to the entrance. Should this fail, we all need to gtfo of the zone". In wow just zerg it, if fail, blame the tank.
Clearly you never ran heroic dungeons during TBC, the above is about what happened for every pull
Old 08-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

TLDR every above post:

EQ is the hardest mmo every made
WoW is the hardest mmo ever made
EQ is the easiest mmo every made
WoW is the easiest mmo every made
I am correct, you are not
I am wrong, you are correct
I am correct, you're wrong
I am wrong, you're correct
here's a graph
hey! the graph again
EQ is a zerg
WoW is a zerg
give red a try
#notclassic
Old 08-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Banned

people seem to argue that 15 years of documentation and experience in an un-updated game makes it easy.

It's like if you played Ninja Gaiden 3 for 15 years. Yea you would kill that shit in a speed run, you rule at it you know everything about it. It does not mean Ninja Gaiden 3 is easy, it just means you're really good at it.

Many people here have mastered EQ and then they think that its easy. But come on, you'll still wipe, you'll still CR, 15 years later and you still cant get to 60 on a permadeath server (secret plug for a permadeath server).

that means EQ is hard.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

What are you guys even comparing? Classic EQ to current WoW? WoW was the beginning of easy mode MMO. EQ live is ridiculously easy now too.
Decaying skeletons drop this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75365

What made classic EQ hard was 1.) death mattered and 2.) nothing guided you thru anything.
Mess up and have a 3 hour CR and lose all the exp you gained from the last 3 hours to boot. People think twice about trying risky stuff.
We don't really have 2 anymore because its a 15 years old game.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you guys even comparing? Classic EQ to current WoW? WoW was the beginning of easy mode MMO. EQ live is ridiculously easy now too.
Decaying skeletons drop this:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75365

What made classic EQ hard was 1.) death mattered and 2.) nothing guided you thru anything.
Mess up and have a 3 hour CR and lose all the exp you gained from the last 3 hours to boot. People think twice about trying risky stuff.
We don't really have 2 anymore because its a 15 years old game.
Don't worry, everyone's on the same page here. The only people saying WoW is harder are the hipsters that want to be different because the "this game is better than the amusement park MMOs" logic is 70% of conversations in group in this game and 100% of them on orc hill.
Last edited by sox7d; 08-13-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Aviak

I just wante to get in my 2 cents and say gay marriage
Old 08-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

It is funny how WoW comes up so quick when it is not really relevant to the topic of the thread.

MMO players have no imaginations though, can't imagine their games being any different than they are, so they have to make comparisons to other games say anything about them.

I still think EQ could be made harder in some respects, in ways that would make it more challenging and rewarding in the classic style, if technically less classic in content, without reference to other MMOs. But I don't think anyone would be able to discuss that without bringing in some other game and fanning the flames.
Closed Thread