Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

#1 EQ PVP is horrible ( my opinion)
#2 almost no populations I didn't want to play solo
#3 Having twinks (that you wouldn't stand a chance at in a fair fight) waiting for you to be in a fight (solo because low pop) then attacks you or waits for you to almost be dead and finishes you off.

More pop would fix most of these issues and i would probably play at least casually if there was a playerbase to play with

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

consensus im gathering is a lot of the players quit due to being solo... i know if we hadnt rolled with 4-5 others in a core group with the same average play-times i woulda flopped back to blue in a heart-beat

Red is fun, but not by yourself. That goes for ALL pvp based games, should come as no surprise here...

Some issues though that COULD be dealt with by the staff that i think would help:
-OOC RnF, make a new chat channel ppl can join and RNF/shit it up all they want and leave the regular ooc for everyone else
-turn off global YT, make it continental or zone-only, this alone could eliminate a lot of drama from ego-trolls

TL/DR: dont roll pvp by yourself, try it with friends- you'll have more fun and less rage this way
Dustboy#1652 on Discord
Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Skeleton

The constant high school insults and d00d speak in ooc got on my nerves, turning off ooc made the server feel like a ghost town, which was even worse. And getting killed by some fungi twink who feels the need to /tell you what a retard/pussy you are when you are wearing patchwork, kind of turned me off from the server.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

nilly is gone, server thrivin in rejoice, ooc is nuts
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

I'd rather play a server that is PvP when PvP actually matters. Griefing people trying to level is not my idea of fun. PvP should only start at level 58.

Being honest here; if the exp bonus was kept in, and PvP started at endgame I'm sure you'd see more PvP and more players.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

that is a good point ^

mostly everyone gives up around 52-55 and stops playing as much though because lack of groups and mostly inner circles that are leveling alts wont let you join
Old 08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather play a server that is PvP when PvP actually matters. Griefing people trying to level is not my idea of fun. PvP should only start at level 58.

Being honest here; if the exp bonus was kept in, and PvP started at endgame I'm sure you'd see more PvP and more players.
I would 100% play this server. sounds way way better than trying to level fighting the twinks

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Do that and set up a few contested zones where it's level restricted pvp. Hell, add the recommended levels for loot on a pvp server, for those with items higher than the level that the zone requires their pvp flag is off. Have epic at level 30? Flag is off. Etc etc
Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Why all the confusion over low population on an EQ PVP server? Historically, PVP servers have always been lower population than blue servers, even during EverQuest's prime.

Remember this...EQ live had like 40 blue servers... and only 4 PVP servers. Each PVP server individually averaged a lower population than an individual blue server. Therefore it can safely be assumed that the TOTAL population for Rallos, Sullon, Vallon & Tallon combined was not even 10% of the total subscriber base.

Why would anyone think that Red99 would be any different? It is an emulated version of a 15 year old game for fcks sake. According to the numbers, we are already doing as well as we ever will. We are 10% of the blue server's population.

The real question is...what is so unappealing about EverQuest PVP that drives so many people away? Why is it that only 10% of the population have ever invested time into these servers?

Forget about schemes to entice more people to make the switch from blue to red...instead, enhance PVP for the players which are already here. Get rid of the PnP and other bluebie rules... let players police themselves. Fix resist code, add item loot, remove NO-DROP, whatever is needed. Do what is in the best interest of PVPers, not bluebies. PVPers will eventually come to the server, knowing full well what is in store for them.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Real life started to matter more than EQ.

So I quit.

True story.
Closed Thread