Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken's ruling was for foot race FTEs in a thread specifically talking about ToV, KT, and Statue. Not icewell, not dain. You can't ignore words you don't like to weave your own narrative. Galach's post is an afterthought more than 3 years after the fact that also specifically deals with racer limits and nothing more.
You can’t be this dumb.

“Foot race FTEs does not mean targeting through walls with BS and FTEing with lull or anything else. This goes against the entire spirit, and purpose of why the rule exists.”

FTEing with lull goes against the spirit of why the rule exists. You actually think Icewell walls are somehow more legit to lull pull through than Kael? Change zones and you’re suddenly in line with the spirit of the rule?
Old 08-26-2021, 12:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can’t be this dumb.

“Foot race FTEs does not mean targeting through walls with BS and FTEing with lull or anything else. This goes against the entire spirit, and purpose of why the rule exists.”

FTEing with lull goes against the spirit of why the rule exists. You actually think Icewell walls are somehow more legit to lull pull through than Kael? Change zones and you’re suddenly in line with the spirit of the rule?
This is probably why Riot hasn't done it again, following the spirit of a rule is better than following explicit rules.

What are your thoughts on scripting footraces?
Old 08-26-2021, 01:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably why Riot hasn't done it again, following the spirit of a rule is better than following explicit rules.

What are your thoughts on scripting footraces?
Ask yourself these questions:

Have I put in the time to win races?
Have I put in as much time as my competition?
Would I have won either way?

I think you know the answer.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have I put in the time to win races?
Have I put in as much time as my competition?
Would I have won either way?

I ask myself these questions:

Who is a known cheater?
Who didn't receive a perm ban for 2 boxing?
Who wins clickfests when afk?
Is my choice of a path better than an optimized script?
Old 08-26-2021, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Have I neglected my body, spouse, children, pets, etc.?
Have I treated a computer game like a soulless office job?
Is it worth continuing, at the expense of nearly everything else?

Quote:
Old 08-26-2021, 07:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ask myself these questions:

Who is a known cheater?
Who didn't receive a perm ban for 2 boxing?
Who wins clickfests when afk?
Is my choice of a path better than an optimized script?
You’re missing the point. No one needs to cheat to beat you or your guild.
You don’t put in the work.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
You’re missing the point. No one needs to cheat to beat you or your guild.
You don’t put in the work.
I think you are missing the point, losing 20 races in a row is a statistical impossibility. Occom's razor determines that your cheating players/guild uses third party programs and no amount of work can beat an optimized script. You idiots are too stupid to loose a race once in a while to cover your tracks. It's ridicules that this has been permitted.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think you are missing the point, losing 20 races in a row is a statistical impossibility. Occom's razor determines that your cheating players/guild uses third party programs and no amount of work can beat an optimized script. You idiots are too stupid to loose a race once in a while to cover your tracks. It's ridicules that this has been permitted.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Banned

Foot race? You guys cheating in the akanon to unrest race again?
Old 08-26-2021, 09:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Closed Thread