Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default <Archers Vow> ((Archery guild?? Madness!))

It is the Archers Vow mission to show all of Norrath the power of a rangers bow!

Even pre-velious, archery is actually a pretty powerful tool for a ranger (as long as it doesn't summon or run quick; if you can hit it, you can kill it). When velious hits, it will only get better (with our 50+ discipline, and a host of new bows).

So, I'm looking for other like-minded rangers who want to join in bringing archery back into the spotlight.

PM me or post here if interested. Or send Rosen a tell in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

((Note:: This is probably a better guild for alts and rangers who want to play with the theme of being a master archer. We are a bit focused towards rangers ~a rarer class~ and getting high numbers might be difficult.))

- TIPS -

How to be a master archer? Simple! Start with Dexterity! Did you know bows use dex for calculations like melee uses strength? This also means using proc weapons is a master archers best option for close combat since our proc rates can be so high.

Bow Caster - Since most bows have a decent delay, you can actually mix in the direct damage spells between shots on a snared mob you are kiting. This can increase your damage significantly. A master archer doesn't rely on their bow alone...but uses it in synergy with other skills!

Root'N'Shoot - Rooting a mob and using dots in combination with archery is another reliable way to do decent damage. Best part about this strategy is it lets you meditate between shots for little downtime.

Buy Arrows - For general hunting, it is best to buy basic arrows from merchants (a stack of 20 costs roughly a gold). Learning to fletch is nice for higher levels (and if you have extra money to spare), but crafting thousands of arrows for general hunting will drive you insane. Good news, at level 45 you can start to use Tolan's Bracer to summon arrows yourself.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

I'd like to see a guild of rangers compete for raid NPCs. That would be hilarious, and full of good loot with how many rangers would be dying.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Id consider a ranger if AA Endless Quiver were in the game.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnoll_pup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see a guild of rangers compete for raid NPCs. That would be hilarious, and full of good loot with how many rangers would be dying.
I would love to see it too....since they wouldn't try tanking the raid NPC and would rely on kiting it. Mobs summon every 12 seconds....so every 12 seconds one of the rangers would need to take a single round of melee attacks. Other than that, it would be damage free as everyone kites.

Bow range is also far far more than anything spells can get to (200 range bow + 150 range arrows?? That is almost double the casting range :P).

At least that is the idea for outdoor zones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Indoor...it becomes tricky. Most things can be rooted (root and shoot). But facing some indoor bosses that can't be rooted? It would get a lot more tricky.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Kobold

I am definitely interested in this, but I already have more aspirations than I can handle, currently leveling a druid for the utility. I'll be back if I make that ranger!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

After spending some time in the Oasis, I finally reached level 20 and went back home to Kelethin to train and restock on arrows.

When I got back to south ro, I noticed a giant walking around the desert....

Level 20? Against a Sand Giant? Was it possible? I had to find out!

After a long hard fight of dodging the giant for what seemed like days. Turns out, against only a fledgling archer, even sand giants don't stand a chance.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The entire ordeal also helped me think of my last name... now I'm known as Rosen Windstep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread