Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Druid plvler...

I want to be the best plvler I can be. Pretty obvious from the last thread that this was coming right? Why else would I stack hit points?

Before I offer my services I want to perfect my technique (wow that sounded gay) and expand my knowledge. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Ilmy equipment is mediocre at best for a lvl60 druid. But I can wear a fungi if that helps. Like I said before, I have been stacking hitpoints.

Lvls 1-3 I usually meet my plvlee in ec because he is gearing up his twink. Lvl1-3 is kinda tricky? At least for me. I have them hit up west Freeport gate, give them SLN and the group version of regrowth... but then what? Dmg shield was kill stealing the last person I plvler in this lvl range like 50% of the time. 1-3 took way too long, how can I speed up?

Where would you take players lvl3-8? Kurns and crush bone would be good except I NEVER EVER want to disrupt the people who are level appropriate. Befallen is pretty good? That is probably what I am going to try next.

I used to abuse upper guk for lvl9-18ish but it is becoming more popular. Where can I take someone to plvl in this lvl range if there are Level appropriate people in upper guk?

Big question. Where do you take people that are lvl20+?
Few casters if possible pkease, hate being dispelled by low lvl mobs.

I assume when the mobs get any harder than these Wan frogs in guk I won't have to sit for them to be able to hit me? Means I will take way less damage right?

I assume this is for trying to plvl people lvl30+ but how do druids plvl in kedge? I see it all the time and have a lot of questions.

If I do 800 Dmg to a mob. Charm it, break the charm and my buddy does 20 Dmg and gets the kill shot will he get expierence? My guess would be no

Also when you plvl do you go to dungeons for the zem or outside so you can use spirit of oak after the pull for crazy hp and mana regen?

What is up with LOIO as a plvl spot? I have never been, but it se3ms popular. Doesn't something drop there? Are there any places to camp a drop while you plvl?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Stick to dungeons that are high ZEM and not many people go to them. IE Don't do Mistmoore and Unrest unless you play hours where those zones have 5 people in them.

1-10 - Befallen and Runnyeye
10-20 - Sol A, Splitpaw, Cazic Thule
20-54 - Personally I do Kedge.
54-60 - Bear Pits

1-20, your PLee should not take a single hit. They don't even need buffs (though it is wise to save you time if something goes wrong...).

I PL 1-10 in Befallen personally. (clear to the well then drop down the well and do the 3rd floor) Tag 5-10 mobs with a snare then let your PLee hit each mob once, cycling between them to make sure they hit them all. Then cast your Shield of Blades on yourself and you can spam sit down to speed up these lower levels. I suggest sticking to mobs that are deep red cons to your PLee. Up until their 30s they shouldn't kill anything but red/yellow cons.

For dispells buy a shrunken goblin skull earring (and maybe a bracer of the hidden). I personally have those 2 instant clickies top slot nearly 100% of the time I'm playing. I rarely get anything useful dispelled when I maintain these two buffs. *MOST* of the zones I listed have a decent number of casters -- This is the reason they are rarely camped by level appropriate groups. So just get used to dealing with casters/dispells. The EXP is worth it and no one will petition you for stealing their mobs.

Charm resets a mobs damage. If you Charm Mob A and Fight Mob B. If they do 90% of each others HP, then you break charm, the PLee just needs 1 point of damage on each. Also if you happen to have to root a mob 2-3 times with your 190 DMG root, charm + breaking charm will wipe its memory of that allowing a 1 point of damage swing from a PLee to take exp on the mob.

Kedge has a variety of tactics, I don't suggest worrying about this til you've figured out how to do 1-30 pretty quickly.

LoIO is a bard spot, bad for druids.

You can send me tells in-game to my druid if you have more questions but that should help you get started.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

How does dispel work in terms of plvler being dispelled. Can the dispell really only hit the top 2 spots? I seem to remember random buffs dropping when my necro buddy was trying to dispell his heal spell.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Generally it will eat top slots only. Rarely it can eat a bottom slot buff, its based off random rolls.

Basically every buff gets a "Counter" roll, where it determines how "strong" the buff is. Those rolls are 1-8
Every dispell gets an "Anti-Counter" roll, where it determines how many counters it eats from the buffs. These rolls are 1-4 or 1-8 depending on level of dispell.

Lets say the dispell rolls a 3. It will eat 3 counters from every buff from the top down, until it either goes through every buff or it removes 1 buff.

So if your buff in 1st slot has only 1 counter, the dispell will remove that buff and stop removing counters. However if the buff in 1st slot has 8 counters, it will remove 3 counters (leaving it at 5) and then continue on down through the rest of your buffs removing 3 counters until 1 buff is completely removed.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-28-2015 at 10:24 PM..
Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Interesting. Thanks so much. What are some of the "weaker" buffs I should put near the top? Is it listed how many dispell counters each buff has somewhere?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

That mechanic wasn't fullg explained.

The way I argued it should be to the devs was to have clickies be a guaranteed minimum (1) roll so that any Dispell would remove that clicky when it comes across it.

For the most part, this works but there is some randomness. Occasionally the dispell will skip across it and go to deeper buffs.

Tl;dr - it's s random roll of 1-8 on all spells.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

No problem markus. Those players are having the most fun.

Anyways, is see invis easier to dispell then invis vs. Animal? Or can my gobby ring serve the purpose?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Invis spells don't work as junk buffs...

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-30-2015, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

Oh ya. Duh
Old 04-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Are either the bracer of hidden or the gobby earring clickabke from inventory?
Closed Thread