Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Aviak

Default Spirit of Cheetah - useful?

So I'm playing a Barb Shammy and recently aquired "Spirit of Cheetah". This self-only buff looks like an "escape" spell because of it's long refresh timer. Does this spell also only work outdoors? Does it have it's uses? I've never had the patience to wait for it to refresh to even try it out.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I use it to travel on my druid

If you have spare gems to keep it up - it could also save u from a nasty encounter if you just need to bail
Old 04-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have spare gems to keep it up - it could also save u from a nasty encounter if you just need to bail
Does it work indoors?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

No
Old 04-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it work indoors?
Sad to say it, but EQ druids are not housetrained. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I don't find the travel case to be very useful. You have to remember that Cheetah leaves you SoW-less when it wears off, so then you have to take the time to stop and re-cast it (unless you are a Shaman with SoW booties). In my experience the time it takes to do that almost eliminates the time you saved by using Cheetah, making it hardly worth the trouble.

I think the real benefit of the spell is the latter case you mentioned. Both Gate and Cheetah can save you if things go bad, but Cheetah takes a 1/10th of the time it takes to cast Gate, and less than 1/3rd the mana, so you're way more likely to have the mana for it and be able to cast it without getting interrupted.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Cheetah lasts for like 40 seconds and most certainly gets you further than you would have if you were just running with SoW even with the added time of re-casting SoW after Cheetah fades

granted I use it for runs tru like DL or the Karanas, but yea its not gonna game breakingly make travel that much faster
Old 04-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

It's very useful on red

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

If you know you are going to be traveling to another kill or something, it is.. but if you try to use it AFTER you know you're goin to make a long journy for a kill, it will refresh after you get there.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

I always log off with Spirit of Cheetah so it's ready when I log in. I don't unmemorize it until I'm actually going to go do something. When you're idling, traveling, whatever, there is pretty much always a spare spell gem for it.

You can also apply it and then zone into the indoor area.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread