Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

^

Yeah whatever dude, after looking at the site you mentioned it says you need level 8 dark elf enchanter, which goes against what you said from the beginning so maybe you should take some of your own advice
Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I have looked over the quest requirements and I'm going to try to come up with as many of the items x2 as I can: the nut, the fish, the jum juice, etc. on my own and then try to find a level 8 enchanter to help me do the quest twice.
Everything is lore besides the Kiola Nut.
They are also No Drop.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Large Rat

Reiker's post is mostly correct, except you need four items (the three he listed, an a nut you get from OOT). The four items are what you turn in to get the Compendium. The compendium is what you turn in to get the stein.

It is not possible to do what you describe, and have your theoretical enchanter friend do the turns in with your mats. As people have mentioned, most of the items involved with the quest are LORE and some are NO DROP.

My advice to you would be to either a) just pay the 250-300p for one, or b) level an agnostic enchanter to 8 (if DE) or 12 (if something else) for the express purpose of doing this quest. Not only will you have your stein, but if you run it a couple of times, you will have some nice seed money to start off whatever classes you actually want to play.

Since I'm a nice guy, below is a quick overview of the chain.

1. Get honey jum (3x honeycombs + 3pp, turn them in at Rivervale). Honey Jum is LORE, but tradeable.

2. Get Kiola nut (purchasable for a few gold from sisters on island in OOT). Not lore, Not no drop.

3. Get port to Tox. Get Erud's tonic (buy Innoruk's curse from bartender guy and give it to chick in library). Both LORE ITEM and NO TRADE, will require indifferent/high indifferent to coneheads faction.

4. Take boat to Qeynos, kill and loot koalindl fish. Best to just roll a lv1 monk for fish killing (to take the faction hit) and wait out the loot timer before looting the fish on your main. Fish is also LORE and NO DROP. (Comical side note: you will see about fifty corpses of lv1 monks with names like "Koalindlowned" and "fisherman" at the spawn. Second comical side note: every so often the lv1 fish is actually the avatar of Rodcet Nife, who will smite your unrighteous ass for messing with his fish).

5. Take Jum, Nut, Fish and Tonic to guy in E Freeport bar, he gives you Compendium. (I remember this being NO TRADE, may be LORE as well). Requires indifferent/high indifferent to Freeport types.

6. Take Compendium to Oggok, give to Clurg the bartender. Get stein, rejoice! Requires indifferent/high indifferent to Ogres.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Hippo -

I'd be happy to help you in-game on my level 8 Chanter. I've been running the quest for a while. I'll PM you.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Sounds good, my necro in game is also Hipponipple.

I planned on starting some lower level chars (rivervale/qeynos/freeport) to gather all the items I can hand off when I get on. I will try to prep as much as I can.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by surbated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reiker's post is mostly correct, except you need four items (the three he listed, an a nut you get from OOT).
He asked what was no drop. The kiola nut isn't no drop. Hence, I didn't list it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Large Bat

nm....was already said.
but here is a guide..
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/ques...Steinguide.htm
Last edited by falderon_MT; 06-25-2010 at 08:50 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter could do it as early as level 4 (Illusion Human) on Live, although I'm not sure for P99 as faction is a little different.
Just confirming that yes, you can do it at 4 with an agnostic DE Enchanter :-)

Since you only need high Indifference to Clurg not much faction work was needed, 1x4 Lizard Tails to Horgus and 17x4 Lizard Meats to Kogna was enough to send him Aimiable. Not actually sure at which point he tipped over, I was checking the faction with Kogna as I went along (who stayed Apprehensive).

I did it from scratch, with no funds/aid/buffs from other characters. Spend was about 7pp for the spells, tiny daggers and ingredients (for which you get 2pp back when handing in for the Barkeep's Compendium) then about 6pp for the tails & meat (for which you get back about 2pp for selling the axes) making a total of 9pp.

Time it took was 3 hours to get to level 4 (with enough cash for spells), 3 hours to get the Barkeep's Compendium (it took an hour alone to get 3 honeycombs), then an hour to get to Oggok and do the faction work.

A bit harder than doing it with my level 8 DE Enc, as yard trash aggros on you, and you can't take as many hits from the Crypt Mummies in the Oasis :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DE Agnostic Enc Stein at 4.jpg (97.8 KB, 10 views)
Closed Thread