Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Default Aqua Goblins in Dagnor's Cauldron excessively aggressive

I played for many levels in Unrest back on live. One of my favorite things about it as a melee was that a merchant was just a short run out into DC to sell the heavy bronze armor/weapons when I got encumbered. I just did that. I recall the aqua goblins roaming the outer rim of the zone, and swimming in the water, and even pathing around the base of the island. I don't remember them ever going up to the top of the island, where the merchant is, unless pulled there.

I just swam out to the island, and went to sell to Conium Darkblade, as I have many times. I was careful to go between a wide gap in roamers on the way up the island. Either the pathing of these goblins is messed, up, or their agro range is too large. Half way through selling my gear to the merchant, I got swarmed by 4 goblins.

Durkon

Edit: I do seem to remember shoal serpents and skeletons roaming up to the top of the island. Maybe the goblins are spawning in slots which should be one of those mobs?
Last edited by Boomlaor; 10-21-2009 at 06:01 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

I have also experienced this issue. Nothing should be pathing near the top of the island. On the same note, I have seen very few things actually swiming (I think I saw a snake in the water once). What can be done to improve pathing in this zone?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Aviak

Default pathing on the island

I am sorry, but this is incorrect. I spent many hours in Dagnor's Cauldron hunting and buying/selling on the island, and I can tell you beyond any doubts, that aquagoblins passed withing aggro range of the vendor, Conium Darkblade. I used to make sure that my hide and sneak were working when I went to buy poison ingredients from him with my rogue. If I were not successfully hidden and sneaking, I would always die before I made the zone, because aquagoblins would eventually path up and kill me. They did not path constantly past the vendor, but they certainly did come very near to him.