Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-16-2023, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly, sorry you don’t got choices
When you know what options you have, you got choices. When you don't know anything, you don't have a choice because you are just rolling a dice in terms of what you pick.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you know what options you have, you got choices. When you don't know anything, you don't have a choice because you are just rolling a dice in terms of what you pick.
It doesn’t matter what the dice hit, everyone gets free draft loot. You should know that’s all y’all get. Hope that helps.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn’t matter what the dice hit, everyone gets free draft loot. You should know that’s all y’all get. Hope that helps.
Free loot still takes a long time to get due to drop rates. Sorry you gotta wait 2+ years with a less optimal character.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free loot still takes a long time to get due to drop rates. Sorry you gotta wait 2+ years with a less optimal character.
Knight loot is basically free in any guild
Old 06-16-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Knight loot is basically free in any guild
You are seeing maybe 5-10 Soul Defilers drop per year. If you aren't at the raid that week, or another guild gets it, you can be waiting months per drop. Due to it's rarity, you have more chance of being outbid as well. The common Knight loot is basically free, the rare stuff is still expensive. I've seen Soul Defiler go for 800+ DKP.

Willsappers are heavily contested too last time I checked. Good luck getting one with all the other melees who want one.

SKs take longer to gear than Paladins because their Epic is harder and Soul Defiler is rare and expensive.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 05:50 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You are seeing maybe 5-10 Soul Defilers drop per year. If you aren't at the raid that week, or another guild gets it, you can be waiting months per drop. Due to it's rarity, you have more chance of being outbid as well. The common Knight loot is basically free, the rare stuff is still expensive. I've seen Soul Defiler go for 800+ DKP.

Willsappers are heavily contested too last time I checked. Good luck getting one with all the other melees who want one.

SKs take longer to gear than Paladins because their Epic is harder and Soul Defiler is rare and expensive.
I dunno I got my willsapper on sk in eclipse, we were just a draft guild . Anyone can . Soul defiler isn’t make or break it’s nice for the regen. Most raid sk weapons is free
Old 06-16-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I dunno I got my willsapper on sk in eclipse, we were just a draft guild . Anyone can . Soul defiler isn’t make or break it’s nice for the regen. Most raid sk weapons is free
I am not saying you can't get Willsapper, it is simply not a free Knight drop. It is more contested and costs more DKP generally.

Saving mana on a Knight is essential, as it is their biggest bottleneck. Blood Ember fills that role when you don't have Soul Defiler. Once you have Soul Defiler, Blood Ember loses some value because you are regenerating like 12 mana per tick with FT1 and FT2. You're getting a free Engulfing Darkness or FD every 30 seconds. I'd still use Blood Ember, but 12 mana per tick makes being lazy more tempting.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not saying you can't get Willsapper, it is simply not a free Knight drop. It is more contested and costs more DKP generally.

Saving mana on a Knight is essential, as it is their biggest bottleneck. Blood Ember fills that role when you don't have Soul Defiler. Once you have Soul Defiler, Blood Ember loses some value because you are regenerating like 12 mana per tick with FT1 and FT2. You're getting a free Engulfing Darkness or FD every 30 seconds. I'd still use Blood Ember, but 12 mana per tick makes being lazy more tempting.
I’m just saying knight loot in general is basically free compared to every other class, and being over geared makes content easy.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’m just saying knight loot in general is basically free compared to every other class, and being over geared makes content easy.
I agree with your assessment that a lot of Knight gear is cheap DKP-wise.

I'm just saying Blood Ember + Troll Regen is still helpful when fully geared. Saving 120 mana on FD because you clicked pants instead of casting Death's Peace is half of a Drain Soul, and Troll Regen cancels out the -10 HP/Tick from Soul Defiler.

Even when just fighting difficult static mobs like a Cliff Golem, you can FD to let your pet take some damage while you heal up from Epic Proc. If you do that a few times in the fight with Blood Ember Greaves you have 1-2 more Drain Souls than someone without Blood Ember.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 06:32 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm just saying Blood Ember... is still helpful when fully geared.
Says a guy who's not 60, nor fully geared. Repeating yourself over and over again does not make you more qualified to answer questions you're not qualified to answer. Consider stating your point once and not spamming every thread you participate in.