Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabilos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the second you start donating for special features you run into the legal issue of them taking money for SOE's product.
Your post brings up valid points, but this one doesn't particularly apply due to the fact that this topic has only been discussing platinum sinks, rather than real world money sinks.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to add that currently I'm not sure this is a big issue, because the amount of platinum in the system doesn't seem to be THAT crazy. Top items are selling for about what they were on live at the moment, and our economy hasn't really become stagnant yet (as I'm very sure it will a few years after Velious is released under the assumption this server becomes locked in that state) so prices fluctuate within pretty standard bounds that can be farmed by most all players. The top prices I remember things selling for on T-marr during Velious were SoDs and BoCs selling for around 500k a piece. That seems pretty on par with how top end raid items (CoFs/BCGs) sell around here, and then there are the lower tier items like Manastones/fungis/RBBs that are a bit cheaper. Longest edit ever.
No mention of FBSS at all. Is that because you know that it's price is being skewed and you don't want to admit it since that doesn't support your argument, or you don't know that its price is skewed because you didn't play classic?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Cultural smithing will help take plat out of the economy, and is classic.

Also, folks amassing huge amounts of platinum and then quitting or getting banned certainly plays a role.

I don't think this is necessary and I doubt enough people would even use the service enough to make a dent in the platinum supply.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No mention of FBSS at all. Is that because you know that it's price is being skewed and you don't want to admit it since that doesn't support your argument, or you don't know that its price is skewed because you didn't play classic?
What's a "price skew"? If you mean items cost more here then they did on live, well that's a terrible argument because prices varied from server to server on live, and while some are higher here (in your example FBSS), some are also lower then they were on live. I don't see how this affects the grand scheme of things.

I used the items I did to highlight the very top end of both markets as an example to gauge just how much platinum is floating around in relation to live. The fact that the cost of these items is virtually in sync with what I remember them going for on live tells me that the high end person at most probably is only willing to spend around 400-500k on an item max in either market. There will always be exceptions, and some items have had more offered on them due to rarity (see fungus staffs), but in general I think regardless of what's going on at lower price points, there simply isn't enough platinum on the server to facilitate the need for a money sink quite yet.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korisek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post brings up valid points, but this one doesn't particularly apply due to the fact that this topic has only been discussing platinum sinks, rather than real world money sinks.
The reason I mention it is because while a Plat sink does wonders for our community, it does nothing to negate the fact that the dev's would have to do additional work for nothing.

It's like your boss coming to you and saying, Hey congratulations on your new promotion, you get to do X and Y tasks and your still getting paid the same.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Kobold

the big money sink that sony introduced were mounts, i remember prices on high end items going crazy right around the time those were released. that of course wont happen on p99, but i think something along those lines would definitely help the economy a bit. name changing is something id be completely against though. the most important thing anyone has on p99 is their reputation, its not something that can be bought or sold (well i guess you just give money away or something), and it should always be that way
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabilos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason I mention it is because while a Plat sink does wonders for our community, it does nothing to negate the fact that the dev's would have to do additional work for nothing.

It's like your boss coming to you and saying, Hey congratulations on your new promotion, you get to do X and Y tasks and your still getting paid the same.
Yes, but we're not the bosses, and my time looking through the posts already up in several forums has shown that the devs have made plenty of vetoes on player suggestions or player demands, so in the case of this particular community it's more like an employee dropping a suggestion in the suggestion box, then other employees coming to the box to start debating/arguing with him about the suggestion, while the boss plays Angry Birds in his office at the opposite end of the building.

Basically what I'm saying is we don't need to worry about those particular concerns in suggestion threads precisely because the devs know what they can/will or cannot/will not do, and have had no problems telling their players so in the past.

I don't like empty character slots that much.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

in a game where trading accounts is allowed / encouraged by the staff, what is the point of caring about names?

some people wear their names as badges, some people throw them away on a whim. learn who is who and associate with the group you feel is superior.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and resist potions around 750.
Who's gouging you? I'll sell you resist potions for 600 a stack! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

I support this idea.