Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:21 AM
Aviak

Default Acquiring Items?

I just rolled a warrior as my first (serious) toon on Red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . Trying to figure out how screwed I will be when it comes to obtaining gear and have a couple questions:

1) Does Red have an auction tracker where I can see prices for things?

2) What is the best way to find cheap gear to purchase? From what I can tell, not much auctioning goes on in game except for higher end items. I guess I could keep making threads in the trading forum, but it would be nice if there was some way to acquire gear as deals pop up while I'm playing???

Thanks!

Bromgok - 8 Ogre Warrior
Old 09-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Hey I don't mean to pick on you but I am kinda tired of seeing these veiled begging threads.

Yes no one sells any low value items and a lot of people will have stuff they are willing to give you. Just talk to everyone you see in your noob area and you will find someone with stuff for you.

An entire set of banded is enough to get u to level 50 and only costs 100pp. That is 100 cracked staffs and you will get that much money pretty easily if you dont get PVP'ed and lose your coin.

And you will hope to be given a weapon because it will make a big difference. Lots of cheap weapons are amazing and are better than the best weapon in the classic era.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Orc

Hey Brom keep an eye out for me in game.

[49 Cleric] Caston (High Elf) ZONE: permafrost
Old 09-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromgard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) What is the best way to find cheap gear to purchase? From what I can tell, not much auctioning goes on in game except for higher end items. I guess I could keep making threads in the trading forum, but it would be nice if there was some way to acquire gear as deals pop up while I'm playing???
when a lot of people are on, stick around the NFP bank area

i wouldn't have issues giving you some 20-100 pp items, but on the other hand i wouldn't take 30 mins of my time to meet you for the trade
Old 09-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes no one sells any low value items and a lot of people will have stuff they are willing to give you.
think this is related to my previous posts, noone wants to sell a 50 plat item, then have to find a port and do a 5 min run to do so

the items not being around certainly isn't the issue
Old 09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I don't mean to pick on you but I am kinda tired of seeing these veiled begging threads.
I see what you are saying and why you would think this, but you are reading way too far into it. I'm guessing you don't play on Blue.

I played on Blue for a long time. People are constantly auctioning off low-end items. It's not uncommon to go to EC tunnel and see people selling sets of banded or bronze, low-end jewelry, many cheap weapons around 100pp or less. This is quite handy for a new player to where if you can scrounge up a few hundred pp, you can go to EC and get a suit of starter gear within the day.

My observation here on Red is that due to the lower population and the obvious limitations caused by PvP, that the economy is just not active except for the extremely high end. Even if you had some money, it would be difficult to obtain the items you want.

I'm really interested in being successful on Red this time around, as I'm sick of Blue and finally bought into the hype over here. So I'm trying to learn the differences between here and Blue so I can overcome them.

Sorry for the long text, but just wanted to point out that you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Thanks all for your responses and see you in game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bromgard; 09-09-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

How to Play a Warrior on R99

Step 1: Start a cleric.
Step 2: Get to level 46, app Empire
Step 3: Get a ton of loot with little effort and no competition
Step 4: Use wealth accumulated to buy twink warrior gear
Step 5: Level your warrior

Hope this guide helps.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How to Play a Warrior on R99

Step 1: Start a cleric.
Step 2: Get to level 46, app Empire
Step 3: Get a ton of loot with little effort and no competition
Step 4: Use wealth accumulated to buy twink warrior gear
Step 5: Level your warrior

Hope this guide helps.
That was my original plan. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I made a cleric on Red several months ago but couldn't get behind the idea of leveling something else first just for the sake of being able to re-roll later as what I really want to play. Did that on Blue already.

Don't really care if I have crap gear, but gonna try to get at least a suit of Bronze and a decent weapon to carry me to the 50's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I just had my warrior plvl'd by my pals to 60 in like a week and had epic given to me despite having about 15% raid attendance.

Miss the Nihilum days.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just had my warrior plvl'd by my pals to 60 in like a week and had epic given to me despite having about 15% raid attendance.

Miss the Nihilum days.
Now you're making me doubt myself. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still have that cleric...
Closed Thread